• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

One of the last 1st gen Challengers ?

Tig

Reaction score
Hi All. We have a '74 Challenger that has a build date of mid March 1974, I always remember the guy I bought from saying it's one of the last ones. It was built for the international market (I code). When was the last one actually built ?
TIA
👍

Xcudame

Reaction score
Pictures are nice. It would definitely be one to the last 74 Challengers built as I believe production ended in late April of 1974.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Back then it isn't like it is now. We know the last Plymouth was a Neon ordered by a Chrysler engiineer and everyone knows the date of the last hemi built Charger, Challenger and 300c.

Tig

Reaction score
It's a really clean car, the rear fenders have had a decent repairs to the bottom of them in the past and there is small a 3" x 3" patch in the trunk but that is all I can find. We've owned it for 35 years next year. Mainly used for racing but we're relocating to somewhere a bit more rural so I'll likely use the car on sunnier days :)

Tig

Reaction score
Nice looking hot rod. Looks like it has a sun roof?
Correct, it's an export model (I code) Fitted as standard along with front and rear A/R bars H/D brakes etc, We live in the UK.
Runs mid 9's with the 580 wedge, we are looking to fit a 655 wedge sometime next season it has 200hp more. If it was light it would be quick

Weight WD.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I code? Please fill us in.
Y82? Y39? What is the export code?

In order to even come close to understanding if it is the last challenger built we would need to know the vin number and the SPD number on the fender tag.
Then of course we would need to see the door sticker to compare the actual SPD date.
If there is a build sheet it may also shed some light on the situation.

Kinda hard to help with any information without knowing the vin number.

Awesome looking car by the way!!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I have to say. The paint scheme is absolutely fantastic. I like the way the colors all come together as one. If that was you or your painter. Great build! Thanks for the info on your challenger.

Tig

Reaction score
I code? Please fill us in.
Y82? Y39? What is the export code?

In order to even come close to understanding if it is the last challenger built we would need to know the vin number and the SPD number on the fender tag.
Then of course we would need to see the door sticker to compare the actual SPD date.
If there is a build sheet it may also shed some light on the situation.

Kinda hard to help with any information without knowing the vin number.

Awesome looking car by the way!!
It won't be the last one built, as far as I can tell 15th April '74 was the last day of Challenger production.
I is an options code (on the options plate / fender Tag ?) for International Export according to the decoders.
No door sticker and no build sheet, they're long gone prior to my ownership.
Thanks, it's getting there just need a ticket with 8.**

Dodge Info3.jpg

Tig

Reaction score
I have to say. The paint scheme is absolutely fantastic. I like the way the colors all come together as one. If that was you or your painter. Great build! Thanks for the info on your challenger.
Thanks ! Paint is one of the few things I get other folk to do. I did do the underneath, door shuts, trunk, engine bay etc and it came out good. The guy who did it is one of the top body guys here in the UK but has since (supposedly) retired. it's HOK Kandy Base coat Purple (KBC 10).
I also re-wired the car too, not much left of the original stuff on it tbh.

kJMVIys.jpg

tank1.jpg

wiring2.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
It's a really clean car, the rear fenders have had a decent repairs to the bottom of them in the past and there is small a 3" x 3" patch in the trunk but that is all I can find. We've owned it for 35 years next year. Mainly used for racing but we're relocating to somewhere a bit more rural so I'll likely use the car on sunnier days :)

Sassy

Back