• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

One rear brakes locks

Litchkar

Reaction score
I need advice. Only the rear passenger drum locks up after a few miles (smokes comes off). I have adjusted the shoes, but the only way to get the brake cylinder to compress is to open the bleeder. I have bled it over and over, the cylinder has been replaced twice, flex line over axle replaced, and lines blown out. It is strange that only one side does it, feels like a stuck residual pressure valve, but one side only?. Hydro boost with 1 1/8” Wilwood master and adjustable proportion valve. Front disc. I am out of ideas, does Wilwood put the residual valve in the master port, if so, how do I get it out?
Thanks

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Swap the cylinders from side to side. Disconnect self adjuster. swap drums side to side. No axle seal leak ?
If the shoes have gotten very hot, the lining could be damaged in which case new shoes will be required. Try it

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
Something on that side of the car is holding brake pressure. Instead of opening the bleeder next time, try opening the line at a different point further upstream. Eventually you'll figure out where the restriction is.

Litchkar

Reaction score
Multiple brake cylinder swaps, self adjuster is disabled. The only isolated area is from wheel to TEE ( already had blown it out) on the diff. I can’t find info about if Wilwood M/C has an internal residual valve. Like I stated, the one wheel locks and will not release w/o opening bleeder. Something is causing it to hold pressure.

Back