• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ordered TVS system.

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
Well I ordered the Hotchkis TVS today. Should come in this week.
Since I have steering slop I think I'm going to get a Napa reman steering box.

Also will probably go ahead and order the Viking shocks now available.

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
1974 Challenger plum crazy.

Originally 360 car bought it with a 340. Have a 440 sitting in the garage to build.

03HDFB

Reaction score
Awe....You'll love the system!! Thier Torsion bars and Tuned Shocks truly complete the system....Really makes the car carve the road!
Besure to take advantage of the system....when you do your're alignment...Puts some camber and caster into it!
G

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
I think for torison bars I am going to run PST 1.03" bars.
The Vikings I have coilovers and shocks on my camaro. Double adjustable and awesome. The owner used to be associated with q1a and he left and started Viking. Viking is made in the US.

I think im going to use The suggested aligment specs on here.

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
Oh and got the TVS system in to but ups forgot my leafs at the facility and said they will be delivered tomorrow.

Looks gorgeous though.

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
Teaser pleaser?

image_1429245061039.jpg

03HDFB

Reaction score
Yeah....I like the Viking....Nice stuff and so are the Hotchkis.....The bigest plus...Is Hotchkis tuned them for the TVS to make the most of the system.
Yeah...You'll enjoy whatever you put on for sure. I'm a long time SCCA racer and when I threw my TVS on...I spoke with Hotchkis about the alignment.
I didn't want to get too radical....but wanted to make the most out of it after spending as much $ as I did (TVS, Torsion Bars, Tuned Shocks and Quick Steer)
My Buddy runs an Alignment shop...So We got to play. The Factory Settings sucked major but!! Hotchkis's setting were great!!!....But a bit more than I needed.
I'm running about in the middle of both and the car is a blast! 5 Deg Caster, 1.25 Deg Camber......Hotchkis Rec about 7 Deg Caster 2 deg Camber

moparleo

Reaction score
He's correct on the alignment spec's. If you want good performance, adding camber will make a big difference in the turns to keep the tires upright and biting for more traction. The trade off is tire wear. Even if you aren't interested that much in cornering traction, adding more caster really adds stability to the front end at higher speeds. The steering wheel also goes back center more easily.

crash520

Reaction score
Heaps of caster is the key, my Cuda just hunkers down the faster I go, I love it. send your box to Firm Feel and have them stage III it, you wont be sorry, maybe also install fast ratio arms, I did and just love it.

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
I can't justify sending my box to firm feel for 360 bucks when I can get a reman for 110. I don't want to auto x the car I'm more of a street light to light guy. I prefer dragging.

crash520

Reaction score
Then you want to put in as much caster as you can, 5* plus, that will have you running straight, will load up the steering a little and feel more direct

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
We'll got the car back from the exhaust shop. Currently crappy outside so no suspension work today. Plus I have my k5 on jack stands tearing out the front axle.

Back