• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Parking Brake-handle

booyaballer

Reaction score
All,

when I got my 70 challenger, the parking brake handle was bent as pictured. I've checked the service manual but can't seem to find my answer. Can anyone tell me if I can simply replace the handle/rod portion of the brake mechanism? if so, where might I find one?

Thanks.
IMG_7860.jpg

Matt Johnson

Reaction score
What gorilla got ahold of that?! Looks like you can probably take it apart but he'll might be easier to just replace the whole thing

pschlosser

Reaction score
I've seen this before. If you're rather careless (clueless or inebriated) when applying the parking brake, the upper part of your size 12 boot can catch the release handle, bend it all to heck, and even brake apart the T-handle.

Tip: always apply the parking brake using the ball of one's foot, never the arch or heel.

@Matt Johnson may be right, in that it could be easier to find the whole replacement assembly, rather than replacing just the T-handle (after bending the pull handle back into place)

If you want to give bending it back a go, let us know, so we can provide an image of it bent proper.

Back