• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pep boys

pisser

Reaction score
Recently bought a disc brake hardware kit for a 74 challenger and it came with bushings (which is what I wanted) and also a wire piece that is about the thickness of a metal clothes hanger and is bent squared on ends and also has hook bends on very end. What is this? Mine didn't have it and i don't think I need it, do I?

74 challenger

Reaction score
pm chryco he would know i think i will look in my book tomorrow i have a 74 also good luck dave

74CudaDave

Reaction score
It's an anti-rattle clip. I got one too when I did my brakes. I had to find pictures to know how it mounts.
Img_1964.jpg
Img_1968.jpg

Img_1964.jpg

Img_1968.jpg

burdar

Reaction score
Did all 73-74's have these springs? If they did, mine were long gone. Did new caliper bolts come in that kit? My bolts have seen better days.

pisser

Reaction score
Thanks to you guys for your replies and the pics. They show me exactly what I need. No new bolts came with kit, 4 large bushings and 4 small and clips were the only metal part in kit. I might put these clips on. I drag race this car and my reaction times weren't correct. Have line loc hooked to trans brake and brakes were sticking. Put in new bushings and greased caliper contact points. Will have to wait till next season to try it out.

pisser

Reaction score
I'm sory but I can't show you the pics. It would only make you want to buy it. No, seriously I don't know how to get them on the web sight. Must be stupid or lazy cause I keep intending to learn how to do this. Waiting on coolldd weather to run me from the outside to the inside of the house. Will start trying to learn this soon. I have 2 challengers a 73 w/360, 904, backhalved w/4 link, 14x32s Jaguar white and a 74 340, 904 stock suspension 10.5x15, sassy grass green.

pisser

Reaction score
Might hav ethis figured out

Trying to learn to get picture on forum

scout daisy @beach, home and Cindy's car 217.jpg

Back