• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Picture request- Auto Floor shifter linkages and location?!?!

enforcer505

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I did the floor pans on my 70 challenger and need to mock up and install my shifter floor brackets. Unfortunately the floors were out of it when I got it and dont no where the park position and alignment from there.

Does anyone have a picture of the assembly without a console installed and the position in park? and position in drive? I need to weld the brackets to the floor and want to make sure they are in the correct position and the linkage arms on the floor are aimed in the correctly.

Thanks guys and gals!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Place the back one first use console to set the font mount.I just seen a good example of an auto the other day.if I find it I'll post it.

$_4.JPG

challenger 71 floor.JPG

20170908_191907.jpg

floor Xtm1vqoG_o.jpg

ac_12_sb.jpeg

Last edited:

enforcer505

Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures- I just want to make sure I mount the front bracket and the middle bracket correctly.

Any idea of what the distance is ? Should I put the shifter assembly in park with linkages assembled and tack weld it like that? I notice the linkage going down through the hole in the floor has an arm and want to make sure that is angled in the correct position. I can slide the shifter forward and back and its like 4 inch difference when in Park and in Drive.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I gave that a thought if no one post it I'll get it to day .Couldn't hold tape down as taking the picture. It's 16" to the top of back side of mount.

20220317_083841.jpg

Last edited:
Back