• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Please help me identify these seats

valkman

Reaction score
Hey all I just bought a 73 Challenger Rallye 340., and not sure about the seats could you please identify if came the car and if not what they did come out of. I want to make sure I the right replacement back panels for them. Also the there's a supression spring that's mounted on the top of one seat and the bottom of the other which way is right?
20170325_102629.jpg
20170325_102723.jpg
20170325_102705.jpg
!

Daves69

Reaction score
Take a look at the hinge cover or seat back for any part numbers and try a search.

gdrill

Reaction score
Huh, the one with the seat back kinda looks like it has the upset on it for the push button style. I suppose the back could be put on any year of seat though.
My bad, it would be on the wrong side anyway! Duh.

valkman

Reaction score
Yeah the back cover was once blue and dyed white so dont think it'soriginal to the seat. Do you think they're 70 seats because they don't have latches?

gdrill

Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure they all have latches. I have a set of 70's that are missing the latch as well. They have the push button style on the side. Now one thing I did learn recently is that the 73 seats I used to mock up my 71, only have a lock on the outside track. They didn't have the wire that ran across to the other track for both to have locking positions. You can see the latch I'm thinking of in this pic. And also how the hook is on the flat part of the bottom. This is an early 71 Scamp with factory seats. I'm going to go look at my 73's. I think they have the same pattern as yours.

IMG_0988.JPG

gdrill

Reaction score
These are my 73's. You can see they latch on the side and don't have the plastic stopper on the bottom. They are also soft backs, no hard plastic cover.

IMG_4399[1].JPG
IMG_4401[1].JPG

valkman

Reaction score
Great info thanks! I have a set of seats in the car now with no backs on them but the pattern from the from the back seats, so I assumed they came out of a different car. Do you know if the 73 seats came with back at all?

gdrill

Reaction score
I can only guess that all 73's were soft backs. I think these ones are factory original. No reason to believe they were ever changed.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
They are 72 seats which are 71 seats with 72 up upholstery on them. In 73 the hard shell backs were no longer used. I do believe the change over was not at the beginning of the model year. The seats could be correct for your car. Is it an early 73 car?

Last edited:
Back