• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power for Reverse Lights

money pit

Reaction score
I had problems with the engine starting in park and neutral. I replaced the NSS with an NOS switch (after trying 2 after market units). I also replaced the wiring harness to the NSS. I checked for power at the firewall, with the car in reverse and the engine on. There's no power at the firewall. The fuse is good. I checked the harness. There's continuity on the wire that goes to the NSS when the trans in reverse and no continuity when in other gears. Is there supposed to be power at all times at the firewall for the reverse lights and the care is in reverse when the power is on?

ted s

Reaction score
the 2 outer pins are for reverse lights. one wire s/b hot when key is on

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
1633657331756.jpeg

1972_barracuda_rallye.jpg

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yes power should always be at the switch , the switch closes to connect the circuit out to the taillights

money pit

Reaction score
the 2 outer pins are for reverse lights. one wire s/b hot when key is on
The problem I have, there isn't power at the firewall, to power the harness. The engine starts fine but no power to the NSS for the back up lights. Thanks

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Start at fuse box very short circuit run. diagrams are different but the same with very little differences. I'm going to guess it's the bulkhead connector.Don't just touch tester to connector.scrape or clean for good connection. Also had a freaky fuse incident on someones car. pulled fuse turned upside down checked good. installed no power.found by probing wires.person was told needed computer and other stuff.$1000 later.

Last edited:

money pit

Reaction score
Start at fuse box very short circuit run. diagrams are different but the same with very little differences. I'm going to guess it's the bulkhead connector.Don't just touch tester to connector.scrape or clean for good connection. Also had a freaky fuse incident on someones car. pulled fuse turned upside down checked good. installed no power.found by probing wires.person was told needed computer and other stuff.$1000 later.
That's what I did. I checked the fuse it look ok but it was blown. The fuse box was loose from the bulkhead and caused a short. Thanks

Back