• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power options on fender tag

hofilbert

Reaction score
I am looking at another '70 cuda and this car obviously has the engine swapped from 318 to 426. But, I'm very suspicious of numerous addons that are not on the fender tag. Shouldn't options like: Ralleye gauges, power windows, Rim-blow ... all be on the fender tag as separate number entries? What about bumper guards (small bumperettes)?

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I think you are more likely to find those specific options on the broadcast sheet rather than the fender tag. I've seen bumper guards on a fender tag for sure but it's hard to say how many or how few options make it to the tag. Someone please chime in if I'm out in left field on this...

rklein71

Reaction score
The fender tag rarely contains all the options on the car. I had both the fender tag and broadcast sheet and window sticker on my 69 383-s and that was so.
Just curious why it really matters. You have a 318 car, make it what you want and don't worry about what should or shouldn't be on it.

hofilbert

Reaction score
No broadcast sheet with this car. I think it makes the car worth more if the numerous power options are on the tag. We've all seen heavily optioned cars with 2 tags showing all the options. I just want to know if they should be on the tag. The car I found seems loaded but the tag is half full and that is not what I've found to be typical. The goofy part of this car is it doesn't have pwr brakes and has everything else power....even CRUISE control (not sure if that's factory).

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
Cruise control, although very rare was an factory option in 1970, the code on the fender tag would be N88

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
I have read that FT only include stuff that need a change on the body, like a radio you need a hole for the antenna, so you can find that one on the FT.

quapman

Reaction score
What power options does it have? Power windows should be on the tag, but not power steering. What's the brake code?

Rallye gauges will be A62 on line 3 and N85(tach) on the top line. Rim blow won't be on the tag.

hofilbert

Reaction score
What power options does it have? Power windows should be on the tag, but not power steering. What's the brake code?
Rallye gauges will be A62 on line 3 and N85(tach) on the top line. Rim blow won't be on the tag.
That's my point, those options are not on the fender tag. The car is loaded, but only a half-full tag. Pw Win, Cruise, Ralleye gauges, RimBlow, fender signals, Bumperettes, are NOT on the fender tag. I know how to translate the codes, they just are not on the tag.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That probably means that most of the options that your car has should probably be on the tag.

jeff968

Reaction score
Fender tags are a science and are consistent. Certain codes appear, certain codes never appear. There are changes along the way but they establish a consistent pattern and if you know the tags you can tell the fakes. Some loaded cars will have one tag because their options don't appear on a tag. Some cars with 2 tags may not be that loaded, they just have a package which results in a lot of codes (like a light group) that happen to appear on the tag.

hofilbert

Reaction score
So, back to my original question....Shouldn't ralley gauges, PwrWIndows, bumperettes, fender lights, ALL be on the fender tag? Rim-blow somebody said will not be on there.

Back