• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Production Numbers and Details

Steinman

Reaction score
Where can I find E body production numbers complete with details on the numbers of cars produced with specific paint, drive train details and accessories.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey

Production numbers are readily available and are listed by drive train and transmission. Colors are a little more tricky. There are estimates based on percentages of cars ordered in a particular color.
Chrysler never kept detailed records like that. You can find out how many R/T SE's were made....you can find out how many burnt orange cars were made....you can find out how many 383 cars were made. However, you CAN NOT find out how many burnt orange R/T SE's were made with a 383. Those records were never kept.
The best you can do is estimate based on the percentages of a color was ordered for a car and model year. I think Galen has this info for later e bodies?
I have a 70 Challenger so I keep information on my model year. Have never seen color percentages for other years past 1972.
Here are some production numbers from an on-line source:

Dodge Challenger Specs - 1973 & 1974 Dodge Challenger
It looks like you have a 73 Challenger from your posts
Newer ebody's; the records are even more sporadic.

Total production #'s 1973

Barracuda 9,976
Cuda 9,305
340 'cuda Total 6,583
Manual 2,007
Automatic 4,576

Total production #'s1973
Challenger 27,930 (were all V-8 cars)
10,556 1973 Rallye Challengers were made for US order.
1676 Challengers with 340 and 4-speed (non-rallye)
Have not seen much more information on the 73's

If you search FEBO, you will see this has been a constant topic for discussion.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

Knock Out

Reaction score
I have some documents from Galen regarding the color combo on my car this info was dated May of 98 and an updated letter from Chrysler registry April 2005 confirming the earlier letter
I have the original build sheet
Car built in Hamtramck indicates that only 3 chally 440 -6 were EB5 With H6B5 trim 2 autos and my stick
Does anyone have info on L A built cars
I have seen videos on you tube and other places indicating that black top white stripe cars were deemed "not recommended by Chrysler" so not many of any color were made where the strip and top don't match
Any info would be greatly appreciated from all of you knowledgeable folks ??????
Don't see many with this color combo with any engine combo when I search the Net
I will try to contact Galen for updates as well on specific options etc
Have a good day all

Back