• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

prop valve questions

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
dumb question but are the bleed screws on the front discs at the top or bottom , the calpiers can be installed on the wrong side or even the wrong calipers , the bleeder hasto be at the top

70challengerdane

Reaction score
theyre as far forward as possible. the calipers are mounted in the front of the wheel and the bleeders are on side towards the front of the car.. is this wrong? this is my first time with mopar disc brakes..

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the calipers can be mounted front or rear , sometimes they interfere with the swaybar in front but as long as they clear they are fine in front but the Bleed screw must be at the top of the caliper , if not you will never get the air out

70challengerdane

Reaction score
oh ok well when i had them mounted in the rear they interfered with the brake hose... makes sense on the bleeder screw though ill have to swap those around thanks!!!

70challengerdane

Reaction score
well i think so, i mean obviously the bleed screws on top of the caliper but if i swapped calipers i think it would be mounted with the screw higher up then it is right now.. if that makes sense haha cause the calipers are mounted in the front side of the rotor and are at an angle so if the screw is in the front of the car rather then towards the rear that would be the bottom right? like ./ rather then '/ haha i currently have ./ set up lol so i will be changing them to '/ right?

70challengerdane

Reaction score
THANK YOU CHRYCO PSYCHO!!! your "dumb question" turned out to be exactly the on i needed!!!! just swapped them over after word today, bled them and presto!! brakes!!! now for my gas tank to go in, get my water pump pulley, finishing touches, and try to fire her up!!! thanks everyone soo much id be lost without you guys!

Back