• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

PST LCA Shaft question

Moespar

Reaction score
So... finally getting around to installing the LCA on my 73 chally, went with the PST lower control arm shafts. The problem is, when I try to tighten the nut, the shaft spins. I definitely dont like the nut with the three dimples. I understand the reasoning, but does anyone know the thread size for that? And also, what am I doing wrong with this install. Why does the shaft just spin. Note: I do not have the Torsion bars mounted yet. Was thinking maybe I should do that first , as it would put some tension on the shaft. Thoughts, thanks ya'll

Moespar

Reaction score
Yeah they pressed in easier than I thought. I called PST tech support today, guy said he gets a million calls about this all the time. He advised me to use a prybar and a socket in the back where the torsion bar head goes in and then I should be able to thread. But I still wont use that 3 dimpled nut. It would be great to know the thread size?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
It should be 3/16" smaller than the socket size but I can't remember the socket size maybe 7/8 which would make it 11/16 or 5/8 thread

Moespar

Reaction score
I got it figured out today. The 5/8-18 nut threaded tight for the first 2/3rds of the thread, then went on like normal. I had to hold the rear ring portion of the pivot shaft with a vice grip. No problems. thanks everyone for the advice.

Back