• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

LCA polygraphite bushing install 73 Challenger

Moespar

Reaction score
Has anyone here used the PST Polygraphite bushings with sleeves and new PST Pivot shafts? I'm having trouble installing them in my lower control arms . I tried several ways, first pushing the bushing into the sleeve, then the pivot shaft, but then how to install in the LCA, without smooshing the poly bushing? Seems like there is nothing to push on. (using a press BTW) Those who have done this, probably understand my dilemma. Unless I'm just stupid here. Hopefully someone will help me out, thx.

PS. I've read all the previous complaints of the PST, polygraphite bushing problems. Mine came with new sleeves and bushings, and the fit seems good to go. Plus I like the greaseable pivot shafts.

Adam

Reaction score
It’s been a few years since I did this, but I think I used a bolt and washers to pull the bushing into the LCA. Btw, now is a good time to add the stiffening plates if you don’t already have em.

Moespar

Reaction score
I got it, had to press in the sleeve first, then the poly bushing, then the shaft. BTW i did weld the stiffening plates, Thx Adam.

rrbbkk

Reaction score
I sent away to RockAuto for a complete set of polygraphite bushings for my '74 Challenger. The suspension shop talked me out of using them because they're wear out much too quickly. Thoughts, anyone?

Rons340

Reaction score
PST is top of the line in my opinion! If there is premature wear issues, I would be turning my attention toward the condition of other associated parts. Geometry and alignment is everything in keeping the front suspension in proper working order. If there is something bent or worn, even slightly, it will eventually take out the bushings every time.

Back