• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pulley/Harmonic Balance question....

tomps

Reaction score
Making pretty good progress on my Challenger and the 383. Started dressing it and it's going good. I recall when I removed the pulley from the harmonic balance it was missing a bolt. Didn't think much of it at the time but I see why. Can't seem to get it lined up (I'm guessing that's why the previous owner left out a bolt). Tried rotating it in every position but still won't line up. Notice the "bottom" opening is off quite a bit. Any thoughts? Was thinking of drilling out the opening a bit more?

photo2copy2_zps6b390a79.jpg

photo5copy_zps831e0a89.jpg

photo4copy3_zps95da8318.jpg

photo3copy3_zps055a0b74.jpg

-Mark

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
there are 2 different bolt patterns this is not unusual , opening up the one hole a little will get all 6 bolts to fit , or you could order a new pulley , the first option is obviously cheaper

tomps

Reaction score
there are 2 different bolt patterns this is not unusual , opening up the one hole a little will get all 6 bolts to fit , or you could order a new pulley , the first option is obviously cheaper

Ahhh......2 different bolt patterns...I wasn't aware of that. Given the price of pulleys I'll definitely open one hole up a bit :icon_winkle:

Thanks for the input!

tomps

Reaction score
Thanks to my Grandfathers 60+ year old round file. success........

photo1copy4_zps21bd9261.jpg

photo2copy3_zpsb98cee00.jpg

Back