• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pure stock racers

mmissile

Reaction score
Classic musclecar racing, or NHRA stock eliminator? Neither tend to be as the factory built them....and both are fun to watch.

moper

Reaction score
Pure Stock is a muscle car class. Not NHRA. It's related to the F.A.S.T. racing and usually held in concert with them. I'm not up on the rules (more so for FAST class racing) but it's basically the hobbyist take on NHRA's Stock Eliminator.

mmissile

Reaction score
Been to a few of those races at Stanton Mi. The pure stock cars sure run a bunch faster than my stock musclecars did over the last 40 years. I took my Charger 500 once.

2rcv8km.jpg

Last edited:

joes68340s

Reaction score
Ive got an AAR Cuda that I am going to return to mostly stock and plan to run pure stock. Maybe F.A.S.T. Ill either be a quick pure stock or a slower FAST racer.

moper

Reaction score
FAST is a really cool class but given the way the deck is stacked - I think I'd rather go Pure Stock at this point.

mmissile

Reaction score
Yup...FAST is pretty much a given between a handful of guys. Pure stock is fun, cheaper, and easier...but not stock, either.

Back