• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who Is Reconditioning Stock Guages?

Bstoker87

Reaction score
As I'm rebuilding my 1971 Challenger I'm looking into getting the stock guages redone and just wondering who is reccomended.

I also have a 1968 Roadrunner that needs the speedometer fixed, currently says im doing 120 at all times.

Lunchbox

Reaction score
Also interested to hear peoples thoughts on this...

pschlosser

Reaction score
I've seen Bob's work over at Bobs Speedometer and his work is excellent. The gist is the minimum cost for any repair is about $500. And once you fiddle with the silk screen and/or the facing of the gauges, expect to pay $1000+ more. They cannot just repaint one gauge, since it won't match the others. So expect to do them all if you go that way.

My own words of wisdom: It can cost considerably more to rebuild your existing set of gauges than it can be to find a nicer set.

moparleo

Reaction score
These companies have been doing professional restoration work for years. You get what you pay for.
the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

Dutch

Reaction score
Try Instrument Specialties in R.I., recommended by Dave Wise, he did a Youtube video on them a while back.

Rons340

Reaction score
This company has done my work for years and do a very good job with good turnaround!

395a6dbfb1e5f50c85b07f157633966a

https://www.clocksandgauges.com.

rogue

Reaction score
+1 on Instrument Specialties

Lunchbox

Reaction score
Wonder roughly what instrument specialties would charge to do the entire dash? Guesses?...has to be up there.

fasjac

Reaction score
I spent about 1,200 with Redline back in the mid 2000’s on my rallye cluster. Although, I changed the black to white, changed the tach from 7k to 8k, upgraded alt guage and clock to quartz movement.
Shannon did everything perfectly and delivered on time. That was a while ago so, I’d expect that job would be higher now.
The work was perfect though.

Back