• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Putting out feelers

ramenth

Reaction score
One of our fellow members and I have been in the planning stages of a Joey's forums board get together. The invitation would be across all of for____bodiesonly boards.

So far we have a date set for September of 2014. Our plans are to make it family friendly with activities for the wives/girlfriends, games for the kids. One of the reasons we're putting it later in the year is that WGI would be winding down by that time and hotel rooms will be available if someone is willing to make the trip and needs to stay overnight before heading back out.

We're still in the preliminary stages of planning the details, but we've kicked around the idea of live music if the budget allows, providing food and drinks, etc.

I have 5+ acres of solid ground for parking, so if it's a little wet the ground drains nice, meaning you wouldn't be parking in a muddy field.

What I want to know, is if we build it, will they come? Would this spark some interest among the membership?

ramenth

Reaction score
Forgot to add location.

My place is located in upstate NY, four miles above WGI, fifteen minutes outside of Corning.

moparleo

Reaction score
If this works better, how about an eastern and western get together? Remember that most of us are broke and it would be too expensive to drive, and hotel cost, let alone flying with our families. Robert, is there a way to determine how the membership is spread here in the US ? How many are in the west, central and eastern zones ?

burntorange70

Reaction score
is there a way to determine how the membership is spread here in the US ? How many are in the west, central and eastern zones ?

No not that I know of.

A member over on FABO did a list like that of there own initiative for the members there. Was a volunteer if you wanted to thing. You could go and put you location on the map.

Same here Robert. I would if I could.

ramenth

Reaction score
I figured it would definitely be a helluva drive for some of our members. lol

My thinking on the hotel rooms, etc, would be if someone made the drive up from points southwest and southeast PA or if someone were to come from one of the closer New England states. Say a drive of four or five hours. Long enough that if they get together goes into the evening then folks would have another day to get home.

I know we'll get some of the more local members. We have several across the boards who are within an hour or two drive, but I want to keep the invitation open to anyone and everyone who wants to attend.

And like a lot things like this, if we get one or two members the first year, that's okay.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I would love too, but times are tough for me right now and I don`t even know if my Cuda is up to the task of that long of a drive. It must be every bit of 4-6 hr driving time for me from my home an hour south of Boston. I have a friend out in Gloversville I wouldn't mind dropping in on as well, not sure where that is in relation to you.

Plus I wouldn't want to ruin the party showing up in my F-150! Good luck with the get-together sounds like a good time!

ramenth

Reaction score
I would love too, but times are tough for me right now and I don`t even know if my Cuda is up to the task of that long of a drive. It must be every bit of 4-6 hr driving time for me from my home an hour south of Boston. I have a friend out in Gloversville I wouldn't mind dropping in on as well, not sure where that is in relation to you.

Plus I wouldn't want to ruin the party showing up in my F-150! Good luck with the get-together sounds like a good time!

Run what you brung. If your car is ready, then it's ready. If it's not, then it's not.

The invitation is going to go to fortrucksonly.com, too!

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I'd be interested but with work being slow I could not afford the drive from South Florida. I have been tempted to put a 318 in a Challenger for things like this. I might have to . It sounds like it would be a fun get together.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I live close enough easy drive for me as long as its not Dover weekend. Been going to that race for many years.

Back