• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Cuda Barn Find in Wichita, KS

70B5Cuda

Reaction score
I first found this 1971 'Cuda when I was trying to find/buy the numbers matching 383 for my burgundy Charger. The owner took me into his Morton building to look at the engine and this '71 was sitting in the corner. He told me that he had originally planned to use it as a parts car for his other Barracudas but I told him it was very savable. I tried to buy it for the past 3 years but couldn't make anything happen until I found something the owner wanted. I was able to make a trade for it a couple weeks ago. The original 383 is long gone but the original 727, broadcast sheet, and fender tag are all there. It is a very late production car...last week of June.

I made my first youtube car video. If you happen to watch it, any feedback would be much appreciated. I'm open to feedback...I'm sure it's pretty raw since it's my first video!

Here it is in the barn when I first looked at it

8Rz6rb4h.jpg

Hy0lJ58h.jpg

V32a7iEh.jpg

Y5KpJSkh.jpg

nhC6DX3h.jpg

8HANYonh.jpg

ILgcl1Sh.jpg

8WuyT3Jh.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
A diamond in the rough! AMD has everything you need sheet metal wise. Video was good.

By the way, did you get your Charger's number matching 383?

70B5Cuda

Reaction score
A diamond in the rough! AMD has everything you need sheet metal wise. Video was good.

By the way, did you get your Charger's number matching 383?
Thanks!
When I looked at the 383 engine, I confirmed that it was indeed stamped with my Charger's VIN and we even came to an agreement on price, but I couldn't get the seller to take action on pulling it out of the Satellite that it was in. I offered to pull it myself and I offered more money, but I couldn't motivate him. I kept trying over 3 years but I eventually gave up because I had rebuilt the rest of the Charger and didn't want to waste any more time.

heminut

Reaction score
Great find! They are still out there, and Kansas definitely has it's share. I grew up about 30 miles east of you in El Dorado and have family in Hutch. I love driving around up there and looking in back yards for old classics!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Awesome car! Decent video! I commend you for showing the fender tag.
Did you say the car retains it's broadcast sheet?
That is quite a late build.
BS23N1B442363
B1442363
Hopefully your original motor pops up at some point.
You definitely have your work cut out for you on this bad boy.

I have to ask, any of those 70 barracuda's have a blackout on the bottom.
I am always looking for 70 BH barracuda's with M46 option. Even if only to document them.

70B5Cuda

Reaction score
I did find a nearly perfect broadcast sheet under the rear lower seat! I'm hoping I find another! I didn't see any blackout treatment on any of the other E bodies.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I never really thought about it, but the right side of most vehicles is the most damaged part of cars. Of course that's because our judgement is so bad. My Cuda when I bought it had a right side NOS 70 fender with the gill mount welded in. I eventually got an NOS right fender for it.

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I first found this 1971 'Cuda when I was trying to find/buy the numbers matching 383 for my burgundy Charger. The owner took me into his Morton building to look at the engine and this '71 was sitting in the corner. He told me that he had originally planned to use it as a parts car for his other Barracudas but I told him it was very savable. I tried to buy it for the past 3 years but couldn't make anything happen until I found something the owner wanted. I was able to make a trade for it a couple weeks ago. The original 383 is long gone but the original 727, broadcast sheet, and fender tag are all there. It is a very late production car...last week of June.

I made my first youtube car video. If you happen to watch it, any feedback would be much appreciated. I'm open to feedback...I'm sure it's pretty raw since it's my first video!

Here it is in the barn when I first looked at it

8Rz6rb4h.jpg

Hy0lJ58h.jpg

V32a7iEh.jpg

Y5KpJSkh.jpg

nhC6DX3h.jpg

8HANYonh.jpg

ILgcl1Sh.jpg

8WuyT3Jh.jpg

Looking good - looks like it has a lot of potential!!!
Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience with the B and E bodies, so you know what it takes to fix it...

70B5Cuda

Reaction score
Looking good - looks like it has a lot of potential!!!
Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience with the B and E bodies, so you know what it takes to fix it...
I've done a few so I know what to expect in general...but each one has its surprises!

70B5Cuda

Reaction score
How do I edit my initial post? I'd like to delete the original link and put a new link in its place...

...after watching some other peoples' videos, I hated mine and redid it...It's a real wakeup call to watch video of yourself and realize all the weird facial expressions and "um's" you say without realizing it. LOL

Xcudame

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about your first video. It was fine. If we where directors and editors, we'd own a lot more Mopars! Heehee!!

70B5Cuda

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about your first video. It was fine. If we where directors and editors, we'd own a lot more Mopars! Heehee!!
Thank! I'm by no means a perfectionist but I'm no techie either so the video transitions/audio quality really bugged me...

Back