• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Question, one or two piece brake lines?

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
Have a question for the group to help me figure out what brake line set fits my 1971 Challenger. The car has powered disc brakes and I am considering using Inline Tube. I checked out their inventory and they list 1 or 2 piece brake line sets? Sent an email to the company asking what is the best factory option that fits my car?

Inline Tubes reply was "The 1 and 2 pieces are both factory options. The 2 piece has front to rear line go in to a valve/block while the one piece goes from front all the way tp rear without a valve/block"

Ok, the reply was a little choppy but I kind of get the idea. Question for the group, what is this "valve/block" Inline Tube is referring to? Are they talking about the proportioning valve? Probably not. I'm not exactly sure what they are describing. Can anyone give me a better idea and or pictures of what line set I should order.

Thank you,

Tirekickertoo

DrEamer

Reaction score
I think they are talking about the 2 Piece Proportioning/Metering Valve pictured below. If I understand it correctly, factory disc brakes had this set up, while four wheel drums had the one piece. I found the picture of of Doctor Diff's website.

'70 - '71 E-Body 2 Piece Proportioning/Metering Valve

Brakes.jpg

jt4406

Reaction score
If they are referring to the long brake line(s) that go to the back of the car, they mean the valve under the driver floor pan,(you can see it to the left in the second pic). Not all cars had the valve and would use a one piece line.

IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

Last edited:

bc3j

Reaction score
I use this disc brake valving with a one piece line to the rear. Works fine.
upload_2020-5-11_11-50-33.jpeg

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you DrEamer, jt4406, AUSTA, and bc3j for the response and the pictures. You answered my question. I had no idea that some cars were equipped with a rear brake delay valve under the drivers floor pan attached to the frame rail. I appreciate the help.

Regards,

Tirekickertoo

Rich G.

Reaction score
The picture jt4406 posted would be considered the 2 piece rear line.

Back