• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Radiator and oil cooler questions.

RYO5566

Reaction score
Hello!
I am trying to replace the downflow (genuine?) Radiator that has been installed so far because it has cracked.

We are planning to be cool 63177 (Crossflow, Overall Width (in): 33.000 in.Overall Height (in): 19.000 in.Overall Thickness (in): 3.000 in.)

The question here is that if you search for 70 challengers, small block categories, and becool brands in summit, you will see several radiators, and I chose the largest radiator. Will the cooling capacity increase if the area is large? ??

Also, when changing from downflow to crossflow, do I need to change to a high flow water pump?

The position of the cooler of the transformer has changed and the handling of the pipe has also changed. Is there a dedicated fitting or hose?
(I did not find the image I was wearing when I searched.)
Or is it more efficient to install a separate oil cooler instead of the radiator transformer cooler?

I have a question about cooling and transformers, is it okay for the cooling forums?

thank you for reading it until the very end!

Screenshot_20210209-123905.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-143350_Y!.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-152653.jpg

CCKen

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
You do not need to go to a high flow water pump if you go from a downflow to a crossflow radiator. You can use the integral trans cooler.
You could run the 26 inch or 28 inch downflow radiator to make the replacement easier.

Ralph

Reaction score
I used an OEM MD2298S radiator for my car. Looks stock but has 4 cooling rows.

Jegs sells them, just look at the correct one for your car. Saves you shroud and hose issues and if you have an automatic the cooling lines will be in the right location.
Good luck.

RYO5566

Reaction score
You do not need to go to a high flow water pump if you go from a downflow to a crossflow radiator. You can use the integral trans cooler.
You could run the 26 inch or 28 inch downflow radiator to make the replacement easier.

Thank you for your kind answer! The water pump was also old, so I was planning to replace it at the same time. I was wondering what to do with the fitting of the transformer cooler attached to the radiator.

RYO5566

Reaction score
I used an OEM MD2298S radiator for my car. Looks stock but has 4 cooling rows.

Jegs sells them, just look at the correct one for your car. Saves you shroud and hose issues and if you have an automatic the cooling lines will be in the right location.
Good luck.

Thank you for your kind answer! The OEM radiator is also very attractive! It seems that the cooling efficiency will be considerably improved when it reaches 4 rows! Currently, I am a fan of couplings, but I am trying to make it an electric fan from now on, so I would like to install it while balancing!

Back