• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Radio Installation

money pit

Reaction score
I would like to install a modern radio in my 70 Barracuda. Is there a plate I can buy to reduce the size of the old radio opening? I don't have the metal fab skills to make a plate so a pre-made plate would be great. Thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
Not off hand. Check with someone who does stereo installs. They have access to all types of adapters. Are you buying from a store or online ? If online, that is one difference . Little to no support info.

money pit

Reaction score
Not off hand. Check with someone who does stereo installs. They have access to all types of adapters. Are you buying from a store or online ? If online, that is one difference . Little to no support info.
I searched the forum and found something that may work. If I reinstall all the dash trim, the radio opening will fit the new radio mounting box. I just need to install support the back of the radio. I thought I had to make or get a plate to mount the radio in the old open. Thanks

asaprtse

Reaction score
I searched the forum and found something that may work. If I reinstall all the dash trim, the radio opening will fit the new radio mounting box. I just need to install support the back of the radio. I thought I had to make or get a plate to mount the radio in the old open. Thanks
what kind of radio are installing? I just pulled a Kenwood 2 knob and someone had built a metal to fit where a stock would go..Your welcomed to it if it will help you.

Back