• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rally dash

Jorient32

Reaction score
looking into changing to rally gauges will I need to change the switch panel as well?

rklein71

Reaction score
If you are doing this out of the car, I highly recommend making yourself a simple 2x4 stand to hold the dash. I did mine in an upstairs bedroom. Working inside sitting on a step stool is the bomb. Anyhow, I modified my existing wiring to do my conversion. You will need a tach wire, change the wires for the idiot lights, really simple stuff. I still have the three light standard bar in my dash as I just can't see spending several hundred dollars for a four light bar that came with the rallye dash.

Attachments

• IMG_3878.JPG
    IMG_3878.JPG
    818.2 KB · Views: 134

Jorient32

Reaction score
Yeah I need to get the rally bezel and switch panel. Looking to change from regular to the new Dakota digital RTX series.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The only difference between Rally switch plate is the wood grain insert. Mounting holes are the same. There are a few different ways the wood grain is installed on the non rally switch plate. If you can get the wood grain piece you can probably figure out how to attach it to the plain end panel.

71droptop

Reaction score
While we are on the subject- where does the reverse light ( on the dash frame ) go thru the firewall and plug in ??

Leanburn

Reaction score
Yeah I need to get the rally bezel and switch panel. Looking to change from regular to the new Dakota digital RTX series.
i just ordered a standard gauge cluster from Dakota today. I got thinking after that this would be a hood time to switch to ralley but I’m confused on what parts are needed..

light bar.. not necessary
switch panel.. maybe (I’m getting different opinions)
4 gauge facia.. for sure
heater control.. for sure
radio bezel.. different part numbers so I assume so??

with the Dakota gauges do you know if the clear lens is necessary?
what am I missing ?

Leanburn

Reaction score

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
FWIW the big difference btw the rallye and non-rallye parts like heater and radio bezel is the non-rallye parts are ribbed. They still work. I have seen these modified to look like rallye parts - skim with flexible glaze filler, sand, prime, paint. There are also alternative finishes for the bezels: wraps, dips, ..

Back