• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Random E Body photos Post away!

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this one when I was organizing my photo files. This was 1st. Avenue Chrysler Plymouth in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. They sold a ton of AAR's. What color did you want?

1st avenue Chrysler Plymouth.jpg

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
Great picture. I work in CR and am familiar with the dealership. As I remember it, 1st Ave in CR used to be a lively cruise strip back in the day. Sure miss those summer nights. Cool cars, beer, and girls. Nice combination...

Found this blurb online related to the picture. Just think, could have bought everything on that carrier for around 50Gs

This is the original caption that came with the photo - "This was the single largest AAR 'Cuda shipment to one dealer, ever. They hauled in and dropped off 28 AAR 'Cudas that day. Chrysler produced 2,724 AAR 'Cudas and were overstocked. A deal was made with First Avenue to take some at special pricing. The actual number that First Avenue took from this lot was 50, with these 28 pulling in at the same time. First Avenue Plymouth would be like the Plymouth counterpart of Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge, specializing in high performance cars. It's said that at any given time they had an inventory of 100 to 150 Road Runners alone. It's also said that they didn't drop below 3 Hemi 'Cudas in stock for as long as they were available."

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great picture. I work in CR and am familiar with the dealership. As I remember it, 1st Ave in CR used to be a lively cruise strip back in the day. Sure miss those summer nights. Cool cars, beer, and girls. Nice combination...

Found this blurb online related to the picture. Just think, could have bought everything on that carrier for around 50Gs

This is the original caption that came with the photo - "This was the single largest AAR 'Cuda shipment to one dealer, ever. They hauled in and dropped off 28 AAR 'Cudas that day. Chrysler produced 2,724 AAR 'Cudas and were overstocked. A deal was made with First Avenue to take some at special pricing. The actual number that First Avenue took from this lot was 50, with these 28 pulling in at the same time. First Avenue Plymouth would be like the Plymouth counterpart of Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge, specializing in high performance cars. It's said that at any given time they had an inventory of 100 to 150 Road Runners alone. It's also said that they didn't drop below 3 Hemi 'Cudas in stock for as long as they were available."
That's a cool story. Oh, those were the days!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
My first cuda.
It had 5 years worth of mice in it. I had to hunt them with a blow gun/darts as they were hidden up in the cowl and vents.
Pennsylvania car that was buried under snow in Colorado mountains for many a year.
Had every janky kind of fix a car could have. I corrected most and drove the piss out of this car. Then sold it.

100_7486.jpg

100_7504.jpg

OldComputerHardDrive 3688.jpg

OldComputerHardDrive 3698.jpg

OldComputerHardDrive 3645.jpg

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the E body I rebuilt back in 98. Sold it in 2013. Got tired of trying to find 93 octane gas every 110 miles. Those triple Holleys were thirsty little buggers. Waved goodbye to it on a rainy night in November of 2013. The last pic is one the new owner sent me from near Sydney Australia.

Under hood complete.JPG

finished dash.JPG

Finished1.JPG

100_5998.JPG

100_5999.JPG

100_6000.JPG

100_6001.JPG

100_6002.JPG

100_6003.JPG

48419644_2210202322358229_5694630003132596224_o.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Fishgutz, what year of Mopars at the Park? I ask because I use to belong to Capitol City Mopars and worked that show the first seven or eight years!

redAAR

Reaction score
This car has the original drive train (I replaced original 4-speed with Passon 5-speed) and is set up to run autocross after I swap in a racing seat in place of the driver seat.

The composite picture was created by Kathryn Norcutt - After Dark Artistry.

Final Composite Picture Low Res.jpg

mckgyvr

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this one when I was organizing my photo files. This was 1st. Avenue Chrysler Plymouth in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. They sold a ton of AAR's. What color did you want?

View attachment 122087
I cruised 1st Ave in my 57 Chevy and 69 Road Runner. Was thinking Chrysler was probably having trouble selling cars because the insurance rates were soaring. Most kids I knew wrecked their muscle cars.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I was long gone from Capitol City Mopars by 2016. Good to know it's still going strong. We used to have the Sacramento Imperial Club join us back in the day for the show. Lovely park with lots of shade, which was needed in June!

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Fishgutz, that's a beautiful looking Cuda!
Many thanks for the compliment, I’m sure as you well know, she was a longtime coming. All told, about 10 years of serious work.
The Cap City Mopars moved the show from Rancho to a location in Sacramento several years ago and was held in September. I never attended the show since they moved it.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Fishgutz nice ride there. It beautifies the scenery around it.
M.M.340, Many thanks for the praise. Hwy 1 on the North Coast is a very special place, cruising it in ‘70 Cuda makes it even more special. Luckily it hasn’t been ruined by the rest of California. If you have a chance to visit, do so.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
We don’t get see this often enough, E Bodies in action on the race track. This the Classic Trans Am series racing at Sonoma, NASCAR weekend in ‘21.
DSC_6158.jpeg
DSC_6133.jpeg
DSC_6168.jpeg
DSC_6172.jpeg
DSC_6166.jpeg

Back