• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rare Hemi Cuda intro promo pic!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Found courtesy of Facebook
Never saw this one before.
Dino2 (1).gif

Hemi cuda promo pic.jpg

seneca

Reaction score
And, a short 22 months after this press release you could no longer by a hemi anything!! ( Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.)

340challconvert

Reaction score
I get a kick out of how they described a shaker hood back then:
"Air scoop extends through hood, enabling driver to select air for maximum power"
Dino2 (1).gif

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
And, a short 22 months after this press release you could no longer by a hemi anything!! ( Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.)

Seneca, can I ask what part of Seneca county you are from? I have lived in Seneca County for basically my entire life.

seneca

Reaction score
Seneca, can I ask what part of Seneca county you are from? I have lived in Seneca County for basically my entire life.

I was raised up in Tiffin from 1951 to 1976 when I moved north to the Detroit area. I am still, however, a die hard OSU Buckeye fan!!!!

aussiemark

Reaction score
I can't do the link (wife usually helps me not here) but if you go on youtube and type in 70 Plymouth Cuda Commercial 2 I think it may be the same car. It was filmed at the same location the only difference is they put P1970 number plates on. This same car is on the cover of Brooklands Books Barracuda Muscle Portfolio 1964-1974. That youtube clip is awesome the song is a perfect match every time I see it I have to hit replay at least 5 times.

Last edited:

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
I was raised up in Tiffin from 1951 to 1976 when I moved north to the Detroit area. I am still, however, a die hard OSU Buckeye fan!!!!

That's awesome, I lived in Fostoria until I was approximately 9 years old, and then we moved to one of the small towns around Tiffin (as you know, there were lots of them) where I still live today!

Of course, despite being a lifetime Ohioan, I've also been a lifetime Michigan fan! Since you were in Tiffin in the early 70's, you might remember two guys (Steve King and Chuck Heater) who played for Tiffin Columbian that went to Michigan to play for Bo. My Dad graduated with those guys from TC, so he started following them at Michigan, and just grew to love Michigan, Bo, etc. So my siblings and I were raised as Michigan fans.

Anyways, nice to "meet" you here....such a small world sometimes. lol

Last edited:

seneca

Reaction score
That's awesome, I lived in Fostoria until I was approximately 9 years old, and then we moved to one of the small towns around Tiffin (as you know, there were lots of them) where I still live today!

Of course, despite being a lifetime Ohioan, I've also been a lifetime Michigan fan! Since you were in Tiffin in the early 70's, you might remember two guys (Steve King and Chuck Heater) who played for Tiffin Columbian that went to Michigan to play for Bo. My Dad graduated with those guys from TC, so he started following them at Michigan, and just grew to love Michigan, Bo, etc. So my siblings and I were raised as Michigan fans.

Anyways, nice to "meet" you here....such a small world sometimes. lol

Yes, I remember both King and Heater well; I attended many games and watched them play. I am a Columbian alumni and lived about a block from the stadium in those days. I'm very sorry, however, to hear of your affinity for TTUN. Perhaps, one day, you will see the error of your ways and come around. Has TTUN found a quarterback yet???????

340challconvert

Reaction score
Really cool correlation: the original Chrysler press picture with the hemi-Cuda commercial aired at the time!
Sure looks like the same car in the same venue.
Dino2 (1).gif

crazyhawk

Reaction score
DodgeGuy, I hate to tell you this, but I live in Clyde. I attend most all the local car shows, so people will be seeing double if we r at the same show! lol.

Back