• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Speaker connectors

oneof52

Reaction score
Hello, hoping someone can shed some light. On my 70 Cuda dash, tried to locate the male rear speaker connection. I found the inline 4 wires with correct color wire, but not the same connector. Does anyone have any info on this molex type connector? The dash wiring is also missing the grey oil pressure wire for the Rallye Dashes

spkr1.jpeg

spkr2.jpeg

spkr3.jpeg

pschlosser

Reaction score
Hello, hoping someone can shed some light. On my 70 Cuda dash, tried to locate the male rear speaker connection. I found the inline 4 wires with correct color wire, but not the same connector. Does anyone have any info on this molex type connector? The dash wiring is also missing the grey oil pressure wire for the Rallye Dashes

Is it possible you have the standard gauge wiring harness connected to a rally dash instrument cluster? That seems a common complaint for those upgrading their dashes to the rallye.

When you say "not the same connector" as... what? the speaker wiring harness from the trunk coming forward?

oneof52

Reaction score
I have a 5 speaker system with the fader and crossover. I need to connect the rear speaker to the connector that goes from the dash harness to the rear. This is the harness that is being sold, not the same connector.

spkr4.JPG

spkr5.JPG

pschlosser

Reaction score
I'm not finding the data among my notes, but I seem to recall the flat four-bullet connector came with early 1970 cards, and the four-spade connector on later 1970 through 1974 cars. Maybe it's the other way around. I'm still looking among my notes.

pschlosser

Reaction score
The 1970 Plymouth Barracuda factory service manual show a stacked connector
1688420265481.png

While the 1972 factory service manual shows a flat connector.
1688419948892.png

pschlosser

Reaction score
From memory, this connector doesn't show. Consider making a small conversion harness, if you don't want to cut and alter either harness.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
This might help.
The wiring is the same for the most part.some connectors are different year to year.
accessory_wiring_1_web.jpg

accessory_wiring_2_web.jpg

body_wiring_web.jpg

1972_barracuda_accessory_1.jpg

1972_barracuda_accessory_2.jpg

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
When I I stalled a Kenwood stereo in my Challenger years ago, I made short conversion harnesses between the stereo and dash harness and between the rear speakers and factory harness. Front speakers are in the door panels from a previous owner. Sigh! But I'm not too big on originality in some cases. Especially since it was my only transportation for fifteen years. But I knew not to chop up what I could prevent. Of course now they make all new harnesses including custom ones if you want.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
make a short jumper between the connectors. A spade terminal will fit over the male terminals,heat shrink and do the same for the bullet connectors.

oneof52

Reaction score
Back