• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear wheel well

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Is it possible that the wheel well would have came from the factory this way? What should the opening be? Thanks

received_1106106756961747.jpeg

received_434636918748013.jpeg

Rich Followell

Reaction score
That's old crash damage! It needs to be pulled back into shape. notice the buckle on the seam in the lower pic that's part of the damage also. a closer inspection is needed.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
That's old crash damage! It needs to be pulled back into shape. notice the buckle on the seam in the lower pic that's part of the damage also. a closer inspection is needed.
The pictures are of different wheel wells, are you saying there is damage to boths sides?

Cudachuck

Reaction score
You can see the winkle in the first picture to the left of the 2 holes.
I know i was just wondering if it is possible that it came that way from the factory for some reason? How wide should the well be? Or how wide should the car be from outside well to outside well? Both sides are not perfect on the inner wells..thanks

Rich Followell

Reaction score
The pictures are of different wheel wells, are you saying there is damage to boths sides?
Based on what I can see in the images I have to say yes both sides appear damaged. What I can see in the images is limited could you send more images including images prior to disassembly.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Based on what I can see in the images I have to say yes both sides appear damaged. What I can see in the images is limited could you send more images including images prior to disassembly.
Don't have many images before disassembly, when i bought the car it was a shell and a bunch of parts. It just seems weird that all the creases are on the inner wells

Screenshot_20221017-202827_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221017-203020_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221017-202948_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221017-203012_Facebook.jpg

Rich Followell

Reaction score
Don't have many images before disassembly, when i bought the car it was a shell and a bunch of parts. It just seems weird that all the creases are on the inner wells

View attachment 98892

View attachment 98893

View attachment 98894

View attachment 98895
Agreed it is seems strange as the cars floor pan does not show the signs of damage I would expect. Given how far internally your damage is located my only guess now would be this somehow happened post disassembly. Bottom line is it really doesn't matter at this point how or why. you still have to fix it. I would hammer it back close to it's original shape then complete fitment when the new parts are being attached. Good luck with your project.

cuda joe

Reaction score
it is odd place for damage looks like someone jacked it up there or put it on jack stands when the springs were out.. anyway you need to pull down on the damage while you hammer that out ..a pulling clamp secured to floor or large metal bar jack up on a solid spot on the frame if using a metal bar jack between bar and frame it won;t need much force and the dent will walk out easy when hammered if not you are pulling in the wrong spot

LIMEGREENAAR

Reaction score
Hey you probably know already but it looks like someone has used a torch on the shock mounts on the rear crossmember...

Cudachuck

Reaction score
it is odd place for damage looks like someone jacked it up there or put it on jack stands when the springs were out.. anyway you need to pull down on the damage while you hammer that out ..a pulling clamp secured to floor or large metal bar jack up on a solid spot on the frame if using a metal bar jack between bar and frame it won;t need much force and the dent will walk out easy when hammered if not you are pulling in the wrong spot
What do you mean by metal bar jack process? Thanks

cuda joe

Reaction score
you just need something to hold clamp down while you jack up all you need is a little tension

KIMG0921.JPG

cuda joe

Reaction score
also use a thick metal plate between jack and frame to spread the force and you;ll need a couple of feet of metal bar past the jack I would use a I beam short side up

Back