• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Window Adjustment

money pit

Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the rear quarter window forward? I found how to adjust the window online (1970 Hantramck Registry). When I tried to make the adjustment, it seems to move the window up and down instead of forward. I tried to adjust the door window backward but then I have a gap at the front of the door window. I'm having a problem with the edge of the door window sealing against the felt seal on the quarter window. Thanks

70chall440

Reaction score
Do you have or have you read the FSM? Adjusting the side glass can be frustrating but you have to be patient and realized that many times the adjustments do not do what you think they do. Read and follow the FSM instructions is the best advice I can give you. If you don't have a FSM you can download them from mymopar.com

money pit

Reaction score
Do you have or have you read the FSM? Adjusting the side glass can be frustrating but you have to be patient and realized that many times the adjustments do not do what you think they do. Read and follow the FSM instructions is the best advice I can give you. If you don't have a FSM you can download them from mymopar.com
I have shop manual for the challenger and I downloaded the manual for the Barracuda. I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

70chall440

Reaction score
I usually do not say "refer to the FSM" but in this case it is the best advice because it kind of requires a following the process. Just work slow, adjust one thing at a time and note what it does, then move on. IMO the adjustments are counter intuitive meaning they move the glass in ways that doesn't make sense really.

fasjac

Reaction score
Also, I’ve seen an aftermarket 1/4 replaced and the top edge has to be manipulated a bit. Really doesn’t sound like that’s the case but, if it was replaced, just check it.

Back