• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD **REBUILT** "Wide Mouth" 1970 Disc Brake Calipers, AAR, T/A, Superbird, B & E Body Cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
These are a rebuilt pair of original, OEM disc brake calipers that are used on 1970 and early build 1971 B & E body automobiles.
Cuda, Challenger, E body cars, Charger, Superbird, and the other B body line of cars.

Calipers are what's known as the "Wide Mouth" design castings, that were used in 1970, and early build 71's.
A one year only design on the 70 E & B body line of cars, when they changed over to the standard design, which everyone is most familiar with.

I have had these calipers in my 35 + year collection of parts that i saved, hoarded, collected, scrounged, rat holed, for decades, that i have just taken off the storage shelving, and rebuilt them for sale.
This pair are one of three pairs, of the wide mouth caliper design that i ever had in all these years.

Your getting all the caliper "hardware" that i got along with the calipers.
Positioners, positioner pins, front "spring"
The brake pads themselves have probably 95% of their pad lining left to them.
The brake hoses appear to have been replacements, and appear to be in good condition, but up to you if you want to use them, or replace.

Shipping will be by the USPS, in their flat rate box(s) with insurance, and signature delivery fees, factored in.

$500.00 for the pair, with all the hardware.
That's the price.
Not interested in any "offers", trades, or low ball offers on these parts.
Sold my other pair that i had for that amount, and this is the price for what's currently advertised also.

Payment by postal money order, or cashiers check, from your bank, or i will accept Pay Pal with their fees added on, or if you pay thru Family or Friends, no fee.
Up to you, your decision on payment method.

Send me a pm, if your a serious buyer, and not a shopper, look-e-loo, or tire kicker.
Or.
Nine One Six, Eight Five Two, One Seven Five Eight.
During the evening time hours of 5:30 - 7:30 PM (Pacific Time) only.
Or
[email protected]

Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x

FYI
Someone just asked about "date numbers" on them.
I don't know.
I looked, upon disassembly, cleaning, and i know i can't see any at all, on one of the calipers.
The other one is so fine, and lightly stamped, i can't make them out, even with a magnifying glass.
My 68 year old eyes, wearing glasses, just don't work for something that fine anymore, in my old age.
So, they can be anything you wan't them to be.

Update:
I just had my neighbor come over and try and read the numbers on the caliper that the numbers can be found.
This is the best that we can come up with.
096 0 3
That be of information to any potential buyer?

I take that to be the 96th day of 1970, but don't know what the 3 means.
April 6, 1970
Did some research, and found out that the 3, is the shift, the caliper was machined.

Wide Mouth Calipers 70 003 (Small).JPG

Wide Mouth Calipers 70 004 (Small).JPG

Wide Mouth Calipers 70 005 (Small).JPG

Wide Mouth Calipers 70 008 (Small).JPG

Wide Mouth Calipers 70 009 (Small).JPG

Wide Mouth Calipers 70 010 (Small).JPG

Wide Mouth Calipers 70 011 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back