• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Repair Fiberglass Header Panel on 72 Challenger

1969VADart

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with personally repairing the fiberglass header panel that surrounds the headlights on the 72+ Challenger? If so, I would appreciate any tips or tricks with regards to making this repair. It will be tricky because it is focused on the two outside edges that are broke off. Or does anyone have any particular company they would recommend that has experience with this kind of work and who I could turn to for this repair if I choose not to attempt this myself?

budascuda

Reaction score
Hi, I had damaged my header on my 74 and even lost bits and pieces of the very same lip ( I think)you are talking about but had access to a good header panel and made a small plaster mold from the fender lip portion of the good header panel and by placing it on my broken header panel , I was able to use fiberglass strands and polyester resin to fill the mold and makeup the chunks that were missing.
It wasn't fancy and not very refined as a "mold"
Basically an open trough lineup against the headlight bucket . I had to sand the back of the lip to fit nicely against the fender which took some patience. I also had to ( not really) make an alignment cone or stud to go into the fender and keep movement to minimum. Good luck

Back