• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Header Panel Removal

OrangeCrush72

Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone out there removed there front header panel /grill assembly? This would be for a 72 Challenger.
I`m trying to remove my header panel for paint....pretty sure I have every screw /bolt out but it`s still on tight. Have the center grill out.
Header panel is tight where it meets front of fenders. Looks like there`s studs on panel that go into holes on fender from pics that I could find.
Not sure if there`s nuts on end of studs or just pressed into clips. Thinking pressed in cause you can`t get behind there to remove nuts. Don`t wanna pull too hard and break something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Header panel 1.jpgHeader panel 2.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
20220117_124036.jpg
See photo. You can see the threaded rod w/ a fixed nut on it at the passenger fender pointing forward. It's on the driver side too, just can;t see it at this angle. It would be right behind the lights.

OrangeCrush72

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, can`t really see it. You mean back in there behind where the headlights go or on the leading front edge of the fenders ?? I can see the holes in the front lip of fenders.

OrangeCrush72

Reaction score
Yes, Got looking again think I found it. Pic inside wheel well you can see stud with nut on it. Looks like I missed that one. Thanks again.....Header panel 3.jpg

Back