• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Reproduction Parts

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
What is the general consensus with reproduction parts for E bodies, do they all have the “made in China” quality reputation?

Appreciate your thoughts on paying more for OEM parts versus going the reproduction parts route (for example Classic Industries)...

Thank you!

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
You get what you pay for! OEM some not bad but some not as good as original. Some and I mean some original not that good ether. I myself prefer Nos or good bad or ugly original used. Better quality control.

moparleo

Reaction score
It all depends on the part. You have to shop each part. Made in USA does not always mean top quality either.
Most parts on a car or truck are vendor supplied assemblies. Not usually from the car manufacturer.
Most modern Mopars come from Mexico. Most stuff used to come from Canada.
OE parts were not always that great.
A lot of modern parts are better quality than the original stuff. Better manufacturing methods and materials today than 50 years ago.
The market has a way of sorting the wheat from the chaff...

KVB

Reaction score
What is the general consensus with reproduction parts for E bodies, do they all have the “made in China” quality reputation?

Appreciate your thoughts on paying more for OEM parts versus going the reproduction parts route (for example Classic Industries)...

Thank you!

I have the same thought/question.

I remember the real cheap stuff from the JC Witney catalog days (are they still around?).....it was not good.

Who(brand) produces the best aftermarket sheetmetal these days if $$$ is no object? More specifically bolt on stuff, fender/door/hood/valances....is it really just bolt or is it a bear to get factory lines right? Maybe it all sucks....I have no idea...

The way I understand, and I've never done floors or serious metal work, the Qtr panels and other more serious metal work(floors/trunk/frame etc...), is most always going to need some finessing into place regardless of brand.....I'm sure folks who have done this before can chime in. But yeah, I am curious about this topic too as I need more than sheet metal for a project.

moparleo

Reaction score
Even the assembly line used hammers and grinders to make stuff fit.
AMD the best of the reproduction sheet metal makers for early Mopar stuff right now.
Nothing is just a bolt on though. Never will be. These cars were not good fitting even when new. They were just a midline quality, production line vehicle. No special attention like if it was a Premium car like an Imperial or limousine.
Just make sure your car is set up on a solid, flat surface and take lots of measurements.
If you haven't done any sheet metal or welding before, you can either take lots of time or pay a collision shop to do the hard stuff.

Back