• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

REUPHOLSTERED THE WHOLE INTERIOR ON MY 70 CHALLENGER.

Big AL

Reaction score
028.jpg
035.jpg

DrEamer

Reaction score
Again, very nice, a great twist on the factory interior without losing the original flavor. By the way, where did you get the front seat belt set up from?

1970GranCoupeCo

Reaction score
Big Al,

Can I ask you for a little advice?

I just today removed my carpet and am waiting from a new kit from Year One.

Do you have any tips/ tricks/ advice on the carpet install? Did you watch any videos on the subject?

Thirty years ago I installed this last kit so I admit I am a bit rusty. On the last install I was not too happy with my trimming job as the top of the carpet on the firewall was a bit slanted and jagged so I am looking for advice on how to identify the location of the holes for the seatbelt, floor shifter, and head light dimmer.

I suppose the top of the carpet on the firewall needs to be below the accelerator pedal bolt holes?

What trim adhesive do you recommend?

Does the front carpet piece lap over the rear carpet piece or the other way around?

To make the holes for seat bolts I presume using a soldering iron from underneath would work?

So anyone out there that has any advice would be most helpful!!!

THANKS!!!

Big AL

Reaction score
Big Al,

Can I ask you for a little advice?

I just today removed my carpet and am waiting from a new kit from Year One.

Do you have any tips/ tricks/ advice on the carpet install? Did you watch any videos on the subject?

Thirty years ago I installed this last kit so I admit I am a bit rusty. On the last install I was not too happy with my trimming job as the top of the carpet on the firewall was a bit slanted and jagged so I am looking for advice on how to identify the location of the holes for the seatbelt, floor shifter, and head light dimmer.

I suppose the top of the carpet on the firewall needs to be below the accelerator pedal bolt holes?

What trim adhesive do you recommend?

Does the front carpet piece lap over the rear carpet piece or the other way around?

To make the holes for seat bolts I presume using a soldering iron from underneath would work?

So anyone out there that has any advice would be most helpful!!!

THANKS!!!
Unfortunately I'm like you and didn't want to screw it up so I had a friend who does Interiors do the job for me.... You can check You Tube some time's they have tutorials on this, Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Back