• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

RMS street Lynx 4 link?

1moretoy

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm getting ready to start on the rear suspension and have some questions. I'm moving the rear 4 link control arms inboard with the brackets provided in the kit. I'm a little confused on the way they weld in. There is a bracket on the outboard side of the frame that looks to be part of the floor. When I cut the frame rail out this is going to go with it but do I need to replace it? The instructions I have don't show this so I'm not sure the proper way around it.

Does the new bracket mount flush to the floor? If so, how on earth am I supposed to weld it to the frame. If anyone has some photos or tips on how they did the install I'd appreciate it.

https://youtube.com/@HellcatKev?si=yashYeUZo47HlPRM

Thank you,

20240501_182210.jpg

20240501_182929.jpg

20240501_192631.jpg

20240501_182204.jpg

20240501_182249.jpg

heminut

Reaction score
Well, to start with what you're working on is a leaf spring suspension, not a 4 link! They are two totally different types of suspension with nothing in common.

1moretoy

Reaction score
Well, to start with what you're working on is a leaf spring suspension, not a 4 link! They are two totally different types of suspension with nothing in common.
Yeah I know that. Not sure if your trolling. I'm installing an RMS 4 LINK.

heminut

Reaction score
Yeah I know that. Not sure if your trolling. I'm installing an RMS 4 LINK.
Not trolling at all, the pics you posted show a leaf spring suspension and the box you posted looks just like the one used to move the leafsprings inward on E bodies. Your original post said nothing at all about an RMS 4 LINK kit! The more info you provide, the more useful info you will get back pertaining to what you're doing. Just kind of how it works!

1moretoy

Reaction score
Not trolling at all, the pics you posted show a leaf spring suspension and the box you posted looks just like the one used to move the leafsprings inward on E bodies. Your original post said nothing at all about an RMS 4 LINK kit! The more info you provide, the more useful info you will get back pertaining to what you're doing. Just kind of how it works!
I guess the title and second sentence wasn't clear enough. Sorry for the miss communication. I'm installing an RMS 4 link kit and yes i haven't removed the old leaf springs as I still need it to roll around the garage. Just simply asking about the bracket.

gzig5

Reaction score
You must be doing the inboard relocation version? I looked on the site and the instructions there are for the standard version and don't show any of that stuff. Your instructions don't show any views where that bracket needs to go? You need to contact RMS directly and they should be able to provide supplemental pictures or instructions.
If I was to take a guess, that bracket welds directly in place of the material that you cut out in the frame rail, but don't take that to the bank. Get verification.

Street-Lynx 70-74 E-body

1moretoy

Reaction score
You must be doing the inboard relocation version? I looked on the site and the instructions there are for the standard version and don't show any of that stuff. Your instructions don't show any views where that bracket needs to go? You need to contact RMS directly and they should be able to provide supplemental pictures or instructions.
If I was to take a guess, that bracket welds directly in place of the material that you cut out in the frame rail, but don't take that to the bank. Get verification.

Street-Lynx 70-74 E-body
Yeah, I'm doing the relocation version. Going to start the install today so wish me luck haha.

Last edited:

1moretoy

Reaction score
Well... I was able to get everything mocked up over the last few days. Now I need to remove everything and finish up the welding.

20240511_152135.jpg

20240511_172051.jpg

20240511_172101.jpg

20240511_172111.jpg

Back