• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

RPM's

Big AL

Reaction score
Hi you all on my 70 Challenger R/T 440 Magnum automatic trans I'm running the EZ efi - By FAST- Fuel Injection System and my question is ... what are your cars Idling at ?
mine is at 700 to 750 rpm's at Idle ! is this right ?

fasjac

Reaction score
Mine idles at 950-1000. 500 stroker six pack. Large flat tap hydraulic cam.
I think the EFI can be a little lower but 700-750 sounds a little low. May be fine for your build though. What about timing? Do you have that dialed in

Big AL

Reaction score
Mine idles at 950-1000. 500 stroker six pack. Large flat tap hydraulic cam.
I think the EFI can be a little lower but 700-750 sounds a little low. May be fine for your build though. What about timing? Do you have that dialed in
As for the Timing I think the Fuel Injection System that I'm running is self tuning and would take care of that.

Big AL

Reaction score
Yes it will. Does it feel/ sound right?
The last couple of days I have to go through the motions with the Programmer to get the 440 to turn over, Tweaked it some today started three different times and adjusted the Brake Switch it was getting stuck the Brake lights are working now I'll see how she acts tomorrow have to get her Road worthy even though I don't Cruise thanks to the fucking Covid19 I'm in the age group that are fucked if we catch it, I just like my Challenger in top shape.

fasjac

Reaction score
I get it for sure. I’m 57 and got as sick as I have ever been in my life. Took 10 days to get over completely. No hospital, just fever and razor blades in my chest and throat. That was in January. I think I had it. At that time I was tested for the flu but, negative. Anyway, sorry for the long post, stay safe and cruise it when you can. Let us know how it’s going.
fasjac

Back