• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seat differences

Avalanche

Reaction score
the frame is similar , installing 70 covers onto those seats & using the plastic backs works fine , you may have to buy or build foam to match the contours of the different covers

So if I use 71 frames, I can install 70 foams with 70 covers and backs. Is the button on the side of the seats to release the latch the same and will it work with the metal covers that are not in the 71 seats?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
No. The button is different. On second thought, I want to look at a 70 and a 71 seat tomorrow to know for sure.

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I think you will have to retain the 71 seat release , but everything else will work

Avalanche

Reaction score
Sounds like I can still use 70 foams and covers but will need to use the 71 plastic back covers to work.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
There is a good chance. It rained all day here and is supposed to do the same tomorrow. I can't untarp the parts carsuntil the rain stops. Then I can take a look at the seats.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I went to look at 71 seats today and the backs looked exactly like my 70 backs with the metal sides, so I bought them. I read some where that they used these seats until 71 1/2 and then switched over to non metal side backs.
Thanks for help.

The only thing not present was a drivers side track, so if anyone has one let me know.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The difference may be on the side where the button goes in. It is still raining here in S. FL. It is supposed to do the same tomorrow and quit on Tues. If you don't know if the 70 parts will fit the 71 I'll look for you.

Avalanche

Reaction score
The difference may be on the side where the button goes in. It is still raining here in S. FL. It is supposed to do the same tomorrow and quit on Tues. If you don't know if the 70 parts will fit the 71 I'll look for you.

The seats look exactly the same, so no need to go to all the trouble of uncovering the car.
Thanks for all your good advice.

Heykach

Reaction score
1970 cuda seat frame

Does anyone have a rear lower seat frame for sale?

Thanks!

SRKlegin

Reaction score
Hard to find some newer style Mopar seats. I would like not to slide around. Seems like they could've added a higher cushion...I am always scooching up. Did brand new foam did the trick when you guys restored your interior

Back