• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seattle car needed for NAG 1 swap.

SGA

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the Seattle area and am looking for someone in the are that would be interested in a NAG1 5 speed automatic swap. I will need the car for a little while to work out the parts for this. If you or anyone you know would be interested please pm me. Preferable a small block car to start with.

74 challenger

Reaction score
And you are who. Noticed it was your first post and no introduction. Why do you want to do the swap? Just asking.

moparleo

Reaction score
Is this going to get the donor a freebie trans setup. Are you planning on making a conversion kit for the old Mopars and that is the market you are looking to get into? I just had the NAG1 rebuilt in my 5.7 Magnum R/T. an awesome trans made by Mercedes and relatively inexpensive for a HD, 5 speed trans. New Automatic Gearbox 1 (first generation) Electronic up and down shifting. Easy to convert to paddle shifter for less than $400.00 total. using Mercedes parts. Should be a relatively simple swap as it is now behind millions of Ram, Dodge and Chrysler engines.

SGA

Reaction score
I apologize for being vague.
I have been working with a standalone tcu application for the NAG1.

Yes I am planning on making a complete conversion kit for the older generation mopar engines and the necessary parts to bolt it in the car.
Even though the bolt patterns are the same on the small blocks there are a few issues to overcome still in bolting the engine up. Fitment in the car, crossmember, driveshaft all need to be mocked up etc.

SGA

Reaction score
My name is Russell. I am in Seattle Washington and there is no cost at this point. I am just looking for a car to use to develop this. I may already have someone. I will get sponsorship when I have a kit put together and price will be announced then.

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Russell.

I hope you understand that folks may be a little weary. It's not every day that someone comes on the site looking for find a donor car with little no explanation.

Pull up a section of the welcome wagon and introduce yourself.

03HDFB

Reaction score
For all thos interested,
I've spoke with Russell at length...Great guy. He's well know in the LX platform circle....Which includes me.....Not many of us out
there pushing 1000 RWHP full trans brake set-up thru tthe NAG1....Would love to see a kit....Well Thought-out and easy to install..
with all the tunning functions for TQ managment and shift points....for the Gen 1 challengers. Don't be affraid to ping him. I might be
his donor car....but I do have a complete Hurst TKO 5 speed kit shipping in the next few days....I don't want to be _ss'ed out of my
up front 5100.00 bones spent already!
G

Hammer75

Reaction score
Hello. For Russell - Did you ever get the NAG1 done? I was wondering if it can be bolted to a 340 in an Ebody or if there significant modifications needed? I am having a 74 Cuda restored and would love to plug a 5 speed automatic in. Currently thinking about using a GM 4L65 4 speed. Any contact info to discuss further - email is fine

Back