• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaker Kit with factory A/C Install Issue

kudakoda

Reaction score
Hi

We are working on a small block 70 Barracuda with factory air and have installed a shaker kit. By way of gaskets we have raised the 4 barrel carb up high enough so that the shaker base plate rests on the top of the compressor however we are still having difficulties with the hood fitting properly.

Is there any way that we can retain the original A/C compressor, lines, air dryer, condensor equipment or do we have to consider swapping it out with an after market kit?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Kim
[email protected]

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I'd swap the compressor to a later one like was used on the 80's-90's trucks and vans, etc. They are everywhere in the junkyards and cheap. Auto parts stores have rebuilt ones in stock. You would still need brackets. Any place that builds hydraulic lines can make new a/c hoses to fit the new compressor. The other alternative is to go with vintage air like Tommy G did on Cuda-Challenger.

Well, my computer does not like the new set up here. When I go to post the pic it says error on page. I'm allowing pop ups from FEBO. I'll have to figure it out.

kudakoda

Reaction score
I'd swap the compressor to a later one like was used on the 80's-90's trucks and vans, etc. They are everywhere in the junkyards and cheap. Auto parts stores have rebuilt ones in stock. You would still need brackets. Any place that builds hydraulic lines can make new a/c hoses to fit the new compressor. The other alternative is to go with vintage air like Tommy G did on Cuda-Challenger.

Well, my computer does not like the new set up here. When I go to post the pic it says error on page. I'm allowing pop ups from FEBO. I'll have to figure it out.

Thanks for the heads up. As shaker cars didnt come with A/C I figured I'd have to go to the Sanden compressor and upgraded brackets/hoses/dryer.
Thx
Kim

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Let's see if the pics work this time.

BarracudaGrill033a.jpg

Vintage air 1.jpg

Vintage air 2.jpg

Vintage air 3.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the only way is to notch , deform ,refit the shaker base . As you said there never was a factory A/C Shaker combo so the Sanden is a better choice

Back