• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaker questions

Luis

Reaction score
im thinking about adding a shaker to my gran coupe since I have a 440-6 engine I will drop in it. If I do add it how much would it increase the cars value? I don't plan on selling it but curious. Also I would use an original hood off Craigslist and have it cut. Anyone know how or where to get it cut? I'm located in Los Angeles, CA. Also how much would that cost to do to the hood. How much is the rest of the shaker set up? And what are all the parts I need? I checked year one and classic industries but they don't seem to sell the entire shaker set up only sells parts individually. Anyone know if they sell the entire kit or would package everything and do a discount or a place that sells good quality entire kits.

Adam

Reaction score
That would be an expensive project, I do not think it would add much value because it would not be factory correct for the car, or original factory parts. They are cool though. However, you cant just cut a hole in a flat hood, you would need to add the support brace underneath (ShakerHood) along with all the other parts.. this link has a Cuda six pack kit for under $3000. Then whatever your labor costs would be, paint, etc...

Avalanche

Reaction score
As stated , I don't think it will add much value. for the hood AMD makes the best repop. and I second shakerhood.com

Racer57

Reaction score
Something to keep i mind is the height of your carb. If your using an intake that's higher than a factory one, the shaker will hit the hood. I have a 383 and use an Eldebrock Performer intake because its the same height as stock. There is a 1/2" spacer, but its needed to help keep heat from transferring to the carb.

73DAD

Reaction score
Can you still order things from shakerhood? I thought Ben Snobar died recently...Would love a shaker kit for my challenger but I don't want to offend somebody by calling them up asking to buy his stuff.

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
I did two shaker conversions for Challengers over the last two years. It's an expensive thing to do and it will increase the value of the car a bit less than what the cost is. It will cost you the same to convert a hood (plus labour if you're paying someone) as it will to just buy an AMD hood. Tom Chryco has some of the other parts or maybe all of them and his bubbles are much nicer than Snobar's were. They looks sort of cool but make engine maintenance more time consuming.

Sheldon

Chryco

Reaction score
Your farther ahead buying an AMD hood or one from Goodman. I do have kits available for your 6pack set up. All my products are made in the USA which directly reflects the detail in these products at a competitive price!

DSC06350.JPG

Luis

Reaction score
Your farther ahead buying an AMD hood or one from Goodman. I do have kits available for your 6pack set up. All my products are made in the USA which directly reflects the detail in these products at a competitive price!
Is and perfect? Because I know for chevy cars if you buy a repop hood it's never perfect once on the car always a bit off compared to an original that's why i figured these would be the same since they are repop hoods.

Hamtrak

Reaction score
That would be an expensive project, I do not think it would add much value because it would not be factory correct for the car, or original factory parts. They are cool though. However, you cant just cut a hole in a flat hood, you would need to add the support brace underneath (ShakerHood) along with all the other parts..
I did a down'n'dirty shaker set up with a flat Barracuda hood. Used a "nibbler" from Eastwood that didn't distort the sheetmetal. By 1982 standards it looked very nice. The lack of trim ring also made the hood look cleaner.

100_8781.JPG

Back