• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Six pack rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

discharger1332

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a set that have been prepped, they came to me this way but look really nice. I also have a new set of ARP bolts for them.

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word nos makes nervous let me know how much going in a non matching non bud lite car. 318 car putting a 440 into it

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, why the six pack rods?
Oh I was going to beat the motor up a little bit bored out 30 40 over and I seen in a Mopar Action magazine this guy used to set of six pack rods Soma and he had some nice numbers coming out of the motor but I've read a lot so I guess not sure what to do I'm still trying to figure it out but I was wondering how much you were going to ask for them

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Six pack rods were beefier than what was available way back when. In reality they are just extra rotating weight. Requires a rebalance of the crank, rods, pistons. There are a lot of better quality parts available now than what you could get 40 years ago. `Check with what your engine builder recommends. Take magazine articles with a grain of salt. They are talking about a particular engine build when a good builder has done hundreds.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh I was going to beat the motor up a little bit bored out 30 40 over and I seen in a Mopar Action magazine this guy used to set of six pack rods Soma and he had some nice numbers coming out of the motor but I've read a lot so I guess not sure what to do I'm still trying to figure it out but I was wondering how much you were going to ask for them
I don't have any, I was just wondering.

Steve340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy some Scat or Eagle rods. They are affordable and require no prep. I have used these brands in several street motors and had no sizing/balancing issues or failures ( so far ) Get the capscrew style as they are somewhat lighter than a rod bolt.
The lighter you can make the reciprocating mass ie the pistons and rods the better the engine will be ale to perform. An added bonus is the forces generated in to the crankshaft and crankcase are reduced.

discharger1332

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are some pix. considering the cost of the arp bolts i think 150$ is fair.

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is fair I'll get back with you at the end of this week super busy money's funny waiting for a draw from a homeowner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back