• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

starting gremlin on 74 challenger

pisser

Reaction score
Today i located a small electrical box behind my dash on the left side that looks like a small ecm. It has 2 flat harnesses plugged into it. Anyone know what it is?:confused:

burdar

Reaction score
Since you said it's a 74, my guess is that it's the control module for the seat belt inner lock system. In 74, you have to have your seat belt on before the car will start.

Darren

ramenth

Reaction score
Since you said it's a 74, my guess is that it's the control module for the seat belt inner lock system. In 74, you have to have your seat belt on before the car will start.

Darren

Which should have the reset button under the hood.

Again, a description of the symptoms would help.

pisser

Reaction score
Thanks to all. It is the module for seatbelt and maybe control for other things. I spent about 5 days tracking wires and checking continuity and finally found a wire in the harness that would go directly to starter relay and by pass the seatbelt relay. Problem seems to be solved. time will tell. The trouble I was having, was that the starter would not (immediately) energize thru the ignition switch when battery had been disconnected for a day or more. It would have to "warm up" for a few minutes before starter would energize. This is currently a drag race only car with a battery disconnect switch that I use.

Back