• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering box mount torque specs

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello, I'm replacing the k-frame on my 70 E-body. I have all the torque specs except the three factory power steering box mounting bolts. I've looked in the manuals and PDF's but can't seem to find these torque valves. An old internet article said 80ft lbs. Is this correct? Also is anyone using loc-tite on hardware when changing out a k-frame?

Thank you,

Tirekickertoo

azmoparboy

Reaction score
HI, I have a 1973 shop manual and it has the power steering box being installed to K frame to 100 foot pounds, also same for manual box. manual says nothing about loc-rite on bolts. But if you think you need any, really loc-title can't hurt.

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
HI, I have a 1973 shop manual and it has the power steering box being installed to K frame to 100 foot pounds, also same for manual box. manual says nothing about loc-rite on bolts. But if you think you need any, really loc-title can't hurt.

Thank you azmoparboy! I appreciate the help. I recently took another look at my shop manual and found a tightening reference section at the end of the power steering gear and pump rebuild section. The manual calls it "Gear Housing to Frame Bolt" 80 Foot Pounds.

Thanks again for the reply,

Tirekickertoo

Back