• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

stupid things

ramenth

Reaction score
We've all done 'em, but they really bother the hell out of me.

Was mixing base one time and grabbed lacquer thinner instead of reducer.

Double gasketing oil filters. Done that once.

But tonight takes the cake. I mean really frosts my balls. My brother-in-law comes to the shop to put a trailer hitch and trans cooler on his Durango. It's at the mileage for a trans service, too, and since I've got to top off for the cooler, why not put a filter and new fluid in.

Get the service done and go back to help him finish with the hitch so I can let the truck down off the lift and fill the trans.

Check.

Go through the gears, don't feel exactly right, but really thinking about other things. Getting late in a hot, sweaty day. I want to get home, get a shower, relax in the AC for a little while.

Clean up and he's on his way. Not. Truck won't move. What the hell!? Pick it back up, drop the skid plate, drop the pan. Not one damn ounce of fluid. I mean, what the hell!

Seems I dropped five quarts of AFT 4 in the oil pan. WHAT THE HELL! Parts store's drivers have all gone home. Down to the parts store for more trans fluid and an oil filter. Man... We've all made dumbass mistakes, but really, one's like this will have me kicking myself for a while.

msbaugh

Reaction score
Wow... thats a bad one.
But i definitely agree with you on that one. We've all had our dumb mistakes.
A customer came in once to just get a oil change. So i changed the oil blah blah... a few minutes later his car comes back on a tow truck with no drain plug or oil in his car. Apparently I didn't tighten the drain plug very good and it came out.
One thing I always say is a loose drain plug is the same thing as no drain plug... and yet I screwed up.
We all do it. Ended up getting chewed out and buying the customer three free oil changes for the future. lol

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I commend both of you for stepping up and admitting your mistakes, but I've got one that tops them both, I got married once!!!:D.

ramenth

Reaction score
Oh, it got better.

Pop looked at me yesterday and asked "so what was on your mind when you did that?" He knows me well enough to know that I was distracted. That's what kills me. My mind hardly wanders off the job at hand, I stay pretty focused.

Back