• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sublime Lime 70 Challenger R/T SE

Dodgey

Reaction score
And I'm just now seeing the bolt in the bottom of the inner cowl. I wonder where that came from ...🤔

Dodgey

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted anything, for all those sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for the next instalment I sincerely apologise :lol:

Work has continued, just at a snails place. I've been slowly sandblasting the underside and the engine bay, and discovered some undesirables on the roof ... I'm now just about ready to start welding floor pans back in and fixing all the little spot rust holes etc that I've come across.

A question for the brains trust though, now that I've got the paint off the engine bay I haven't found anything that resembles the VIN number on either the cowl over the windscreen wiper mechanism or on the front radiator support. The windscreen wiper cowl I can understand as there's been rust repairs pretty much exactly where I expected to see the VIN stamp. But I cant see any number on the radiator support where I would ahve expected it to be based on the various reference materials.

There is no evidence to suggest it's been replaced at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

Dodgey

Reaction score
The vin stamp on the rad support could be facing the rad .
I've been over every inch of the top radiator support, the only stamping is on the passenger side, what I assume to be the support stamp number - "OD 35 1".

All the spot welds appear to be original to my eye, so I'm still stumped as to the front partial VIN. Is it possible it was missed on the assembly line?

Pics of the bare metal radiator support if anyone can enlighten me. The underside of it has no markings on it what so ever.

IMG_6544.JPG

IMG_6543.JPG

IMG_6542.JPG

IMG_6541.JPG

IMG_6540.JPG

IMG_6539.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

Dodgey

Reaction score
I've just about finished all the repairs to the floor pans, wheel wells, trunk floor etc. I've got one more week of holidays to finish tidying things up and paint the underside. The front floor pans didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but they are a huge improvement on what was there before.

I know it's not factory, but I don't like the undercoat with incidental overspray on the underside. I'll be painting the whole of the underside with body colour Raptor paint. Not sure what it's called in the USA, but down here it's a tough, textured paint that is typically used on bed liners and 4WD's. Should provide good protection from stone chips and be hard wearing.

There's still a lot of metal work to do on the roof, around the windshield and the airbox/firewall. But i need to get her back on her wheels to be able to move her out of the shed. So I'll finish the underside, take her out of the rotisserie and go from there.

IMG_6549.JPG

IMG_6548.JPG

Dodgey

Reaction score
Got the underside painted today. The Raptor paint didn't come out as textured as I thought. Still happy with how it's come out. It should be pretty durable as well.

Tomorrow, I'll get to the engine bay - body colour inside and I'll satin black the outside (front of rad cross member and the outside of both engine bay fenders).

Slowly getting closer to being able to put her back on her wheels.

IMG_6578.JPG

IMG_6577.JPG

Dodgey

Reaction score
Engine bay painted (aside from the firewall - still some minor things (rust holes) to sort out there).

Outside is satin black, with body colour on all the interior surfaces.

IMG_6584.JPG

Dodgey

Reaction score
Making slow progress, I've welded a frame in so that I can start sorting out the rust on the A pillars and the roof. Still a long way to go.

IMG_0276.JPG

Back