• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

supercharged 340 ???

youngunss1987

Reaction score
I am looking to put a supercharger on my 340 and was wondering if any one has heard of the Carbureted Supercharger Systems by Paxton? i called them and they said my 340 would need no mods to handle it but i was wondering if any one had any experience running these ????

http://www.paxtonauto.com/product.php?id=127

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I have run them. They work better with a trottle body on your intake with a fuel rail added.

youngunss1987

Reaction score
oh i see so i have to ask was it worth the $2600? And is 9.5 compression to much ?the guy at paxton said it would give a gain of 100hp i was hoping that i could run the same holly 650 crab i am also running a Edelbrock air gap intake with 60179 Edelbrock heads with a Lunati's Voodoo with .494 lift Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 262/268
Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 220/226
112 lobe separation

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I would go by what the guy at Paxton says to run if you want to run some of the parts you have. The gain is up to 100hp. Is it worth it? That would depend on what you want to do. You will have big block power without the weight up front. You will get a little better fuel economy over a same horse power big block. The same horse power from a big block is cheaper to build.

moparleo

Reaction score
You will definetly need a different carb. The Paxton, like most centrifigal superchargers blows the air through the top of the carb. Normally a carb sucks air from below the carb. Some carberators not modified for this application do not like to be pressurized.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
You will definetly need a different carb. The Paxton, like most centrifigal superchargers blows the air through the top of the carb. Normally a carb sucks air from below the carb. Some carberators not modified for this application do not like to be pressurized.

Yep, I remember having to use a Carter modified for pressurised use when I dropped a blow thru charger on a 400 TransAm 20 years ago : )

Back