• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SWITCH PLATE

BSG

Reaction score
Do any of the older wiser guys know if the Rallye cluster switch plate is the same on the non-Rallye clusters? Would be great to know before I buy the wrong one and add it to the pile of stuff in the garage...

EW1BH27

Reaction score
There is a small difference but the Standard one can be modified. The attached picture should explain it.

Attachments

• EbodySwcPlates2.jpg
    EbodySwcPlates2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 115

BSG

Reaction score
great thank you! now If I can find one complete...

EW1BH27

Reaction score
The standard ones are plentiful, I have 2. However I don't know how much to cut off the "shorter" leg to make it the correct rallye's length. Oh, just remembered, you want one with all the switches, especially the 3spd wiper, mine are just the bare plates.

BSG

Reaction score
The standard ones are plentiful, I have 2. However I don't know how much to cut off the "shorter" leg to make it the correct rallye's length. Oh, just remembered, you want one with all the switches, especially the 3spd wiper, mine are just the bare plates.
If the $'s are right I could build it out but all together would be great!

BSG

Reaction score
I have a bunch of standard ones too if EW1 ends up not having/selling.
is there any chance you have one complete with the headlight switch and a 3 sp wiper switch I know its a stretch but the answer is always no unless you ask...

DetMatt1

Reaction score
is there any chance you have one complete with the headlight switch and a 3 sp wiper switch I know its a stretch but the answer is always no unless you ask...
No switches just bezels with the metal brackets and probably some loose metal brackets. All non rallye.

BSG

Reaction score
No switches just bezels with the metal brackets and probably some loose metal brackets. All non rallye.
I'm striking out on getting one complete. wiper switch alone is going for $175. The assy cost of parts alone on these ebody's is insane. Thank you for your prompt response I'm like at the making it a roller right now plumbing brakes and fuel lines when I get to the dash and carpet I'll get a little more serious about having lights and wipers..:)

EW1BH27

Reaction score
If you're going to Carlisle or The Nat's you should find what you need. I can look at Moparfest (Canada) if need be, August 20 & 21.

fasjac

Reaction score
I'm striking out on getting one complete. wiper switch alone is going for $175. The assy cost of parts alone on these ebody's is insane. Thank you for your prompt response I'm like at the making it a roller right now plumbing brakes and fuel lines when I get to the dash and carpet I'll get a little more serious about having lights and wipers..:)
Yes, the Ebody (everything almost) parts are really expensive. Most have learned many years ago what they have.
I have used some OER parts that were very nice.
Good luck on the build

BSG

Reaction score
If you're going to Carlisle or The Nat's you should find what you need. I can look at Moparfest (Canada) if need be, August 20 & 21.
THANKS FOR LOOKING OUT! Opened the box that the Rallye cluster came in and it was complete with 3sp wiper switch and just missing the headlight switch Thank you... Sometimes in my rush to make sure I have what I need I end up spinning my wheels

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Glad to hear. IIRC the 1972 headlight switch did not have the white dot. The white dot ones ('70 - '71) always seem to demand more money.

57fury440

Reaction score
I ordered the 72 Barracuda we have new from the dealer. It came with the white dot on the switch. It had the letters in white on the panel, but after a few years it fell off and there was a one beneath it with the letters in color.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
It wasn't uncommon for some '71 leftovers to find themselves in '72 model years. Same thing happened with '70 parts in a 1971.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Back