• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

TA - Looking for a better steering wheel

VillaTA

Reaction score
Now that I have a replacement shifter, my faux wood steering wheel is looking extra worn. Looking for a good replacement in black. One question. I have seen wheels with silver paint around the horn and pads and some without. Which is correct?
if you have a good wheel in good condition with minimal wear, please PM me. Thanks!

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Now that I have a replacement shifter, my faux wood steering wheel is looking extra worn. Looking for a good replacement in black. One question. I have seen wheels with silver paint around the horn and pads and some without. Which is correct?
if you have a good wheel in good condition with minimal wear, please PM me. Thanks!
The standard steering wheel in 1970 was the woodgrain, three-spoke with black pad and silver "pinstripe" in the grooves.
Many choose to put a Tuff wheel in their E-Body but Tuff wheels were never offered in them. Lots of options for aftermarket Tuff wheels.
The most desired steering wheel is the Option S83 - Rimblow and they are fairly expensive at about $650-$700+ for a reproduction.
I have a factory Tuff wheel that I hand-wrapped with a black leather cover and stitching. Very comfortable wheel.

Attachments

• Standard Steering Wheel Driver View.jpg
    Standard Steering Wheel Driver View.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Tuff Wheel.jpg
    Tuff Wheel.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1970-Dodge-Challenger-Rimblow-Steering-Wheel.jpg
    1970-Dodge-Challenger-Rimblow-Steering-Wheel.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 104

VillaTA

Reaction score
I have the standard wheel. Thanks for confirming that the pinstripe is how the wheel should be in it’s original state.
Let me know if anyone has a good one for sale.

Back