• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

TBI Comparisons

money pit

Reaction score
I've read a lot of good and bad reviews throughout the web, for the FiTech and Holley TBI systems. It seems like tech support and warranty support is poor for both of these companies. I don't think I've seen anything about the Edelbrock TBI. I was watching Graveyard Cars the other day and they installed dual Edelbrock's on one of their cars. Has anyone have any experience with the Edelbrock TBI systems? Does Edelbrock have a good tech support? I have a 74 360, stock engine. Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
My experience with Eddy has been poor , low quality alum , badly core shifted castings , carbs with inner walls never cast into place with Zero warranty .
I built a multiport EFI system using parts from different suppliers
I used SDSEFI controller , Eddy Victor intake predrilled with rails , Bosch injectors , MSD pressure reg , Accufab Throttle body , twin Walbro inline fuel pumps , it was crank triggered , came with a handheld tuner . The system worked perfectly !

money pit

Reaction score
My experience with Eddy has been poor , low quality alum , badly core shifted castings , carbs with inner walls never cast into place with Zero warranty .
I built a multiport EFI system using parts from different suppliers
I used SDSEFI controller , Eddy Victor intake predrilled with rails , Bosch injectors , MSD pressure reg , Accufab Throttle body , twin Walbro inline fuel pumps , it was crank triggered , came with a handheld tuner . The system worked perfectly !
This is way above my pay grade. There are so many systems out there. Some have been review and some you can't find any review. Thanks for you advice.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I built the system about 15 years ago , long before TBI kits were available or reasonably priced .
The SDS computer system is rated for aircraft so the standards & testing are through the roof , you simply cannot fly with any junk you decide to bolt on !!
SDSEFI.com

money pit

Reaction score
I built the system about 15 years ago , long before TBI kits were available or reasonably priced .
The SDS computer system is rated for aircraft so the standards & testing are through the roof , you simply cannot fly with any junk you decide to bolt on !!
SDSEFI.com
Thanks. I'll check it out.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have a edelbrock speed pro flo 4 on order for a Gen 2 Hemi since Dec. 2, 2019 and each arrival date is changed for another month. Hoping to get it before Christmas Maybe?

rogue

Reaction score
FWIW i have a FiTech and it's been solid. As for tech support I've found you have to talk to the right tech to get reasonable info... but overall no complaints.

money pit

Reaction score
FWIW i have a FiTech and it's been solid. As for tech support I've found you have to talk to the right tech to get reasonable info... but overall no complaints.
That's good to hear. I was leaning toward a fintech

money pit

Reaction score
I have a edelbrock speed pro flo 4 on order for a Gen 2 Hemi since Dec. 2, 2019 and each arrival date is changed for another month. Hoping to get it before Christmas Maybe?
Why the delay? Are they custom building it? Thanks for the reply.

tonysrt

Reaction score
No it is not custom built, it is listed in their catalogue. I ordered it thru Summit when things were discounted near Christmas time. I had Fi Tech got stuck, went back to carbs a year ago and no longer have faith in the Fitech. So the edelbrock setup looked very promising although I don't know when I'll get it. The hemi runs good with the 2 fours but was hoping F.I. would make it run better. By the way Fi Tech replaced the ECU to fix it but I didn't put it back on. 2 years and 1400 miles did the Fitech in.

money pit

Reaction score
No it is not custom built, it is listed in their catalogue. I ordered it thru Summit when things were discounted near Christmas time. I had Fi Tech got stuck, went back to carbs a year ago and no longer have faith in the Fitech. So the edelbrock setup looked very promising although I don't know when I'll get it. The hemi runs good with the 2 fours but was hoping F.I. would make it run better. By the way Fi Tech replaced the ECU to fix it but I didn't put it back on. 2 years and 1400 miles did the Fitech in.
I hear through the various threads that Fitech has tech support issues and the system doesn't last long. Thanks

Back