• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The correct pleading for these items

Rdwsp

Reaction score
image.jpeg

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Strut rod bushing and bolts washers what color and what's the correct color for the Photos above thanks for your help guys also looking for a passenger fender if anybody has one appreciate all your help and time sincerely Ron northern Michigan. 70 Dodge Challenger it's gonna be nice

quapman

Reaction score
The two on the right are zinc di-chromate, commonly known as yellow zinc.

Are the two on the left bare or bead-blasted? If not, they are probably cadmium, usually known as "cad" plated.

Adam

Reaction score
I believe the originals were silver/gray in color. The yellow plating is known to me as "yellow cadmium".. zinc is a white metal isn't it?

Edit: Silver is just zinc chromate. Zinc di-chromate and cadmium are available in many colors, according to the web. But I am no expert on this.

Last edited:

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I believe they are correct the fronts are exposed to elements and the rears are in the trunk. But I could be wrong, that's what I was told

quapman

Reaction score
I've worked in machine shops that have had parts plated for 30 years. There is no such animal as "yellow cadmium". "Zinc" is a fairly shiny silver color, yes. I'm not familiar with "Zinc chromate".

Rdwsp

Reaction score
The guy that played at them said that the two for the front the two for the back that's why they're different that's how he's been doing them his whole life thanks for the info guys I just wanted to make sure I'm going with what the plater said and the other guy said the ones that are exposing the ones that aren't thank you so much for your time. I do the talk to text so sorry for the gibberish jabber

dadeo1852

Reaction score
I've got untouched originals in the basement and they are galvanized. Not positive but I believe galvanized finish and clear (silver) zinc finish both were used. I can take a pic if you want.

quapman

Reaction score
I second the galvanized info. Galvanizing has zinc in it, but is a different process. You can tell galvanized from plain zinc by the odd flaky pattern on the parts.

Back