• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Thermoquad choke stove

340SHAKER

Reaction score
Hey guys, when I got my car the engine was completely disassembled and original parts were missing. I found a correct intake manifold and Thermoquad carb. I had the carb rebuilt and it runs great without the choke hooked up. My problem is when I hook up the choke stove linkage to the choke, it never seems to allow the choke to open and runs super rich. Does anyone know if the linage rod needs to be adjusted (bent) before or after it is connected? If so, how is this done? Thanks for your help.
Carb.jpg

RJHJR

Reaction score
Take it off and inside is a nut that when loosened allows you to rotate the spring.
I use hot water to figure out how much to move it.

Reaction score
Does the choke pull off work?

it’s the round gold part behind the fuel line in your photo. That should pull the choke part way open when the engine starts. Supply Line goes to manifold vacuum.

340SHAKER

Reaction score
I figured it was something simple, but I haven't worked on one of these for a long time. As for the choke pull off, I'll check it out over the weekend. Thanks for the help guys. Have a great weekend.

340SHAKER

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yes, the choke pull off is working as it should. After I adjusted the choke stove it runs great! My shop is about 55 degrees inside, I adjusted the spring so that the rod would slip into the linkage hole with the choke closed while the engine was cold. I fired it up and it idles nicely now. The throttle response seems real crisp so I'm thinking I got it pretty close. I'll have to wait for spring to get it out on the road and see how she performs. Thanks again for your help. I had no idea that the spring pressure was adjustable.

Back