• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Thermoquad vs Holley - losing hair -Help!!

340SHAKER

Reaction score
I had mine rebuilt by Scott Smith (WWW.HARMSAUTO.COM) in Spokane Valley WA. Looks like new and ran excellent while breaking in my engine. I have not driven it yet but it ran good during the fire up.

20180119_144522.jpg

3406pk

Reaction score
If you are taking it apart, look at a diagram of carb first. There is a screw in center of carb that is hiding from view (I think head is on bottom of carb). Do not pry top off the plastic bowl. There is a Dodge TSB for Thermoquad that is on the website for Hamtramck Mopar site Section 14 Fuel; TSB 14-02-72D. That was for 72 models but will apply to all TQ, and features problem with O-rings that has symptoms like yours. Also check Mopar Action magazine online as Richard Ehrenberg the Tech Editor loves TQ's and has had articles on tuning them.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry "1972 Dodge TSBs" Page

Adam

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. Turned out the fuel jet wells had separated from the main body.. I cleaned up the pieces and glued them back together with JB weld, this fix only lasted about a week..

Take the bottom off the carb and look for cracks around the humps on the sides of the body. If they are cracked the main body is junk. IMO.

Back